Need help deciding between June or August 2018

We are taking our 3 kids (ages 11, 13, & 15) to Disney World summer of 2018 - we can either go early June or August 14-21. Need help deciding which would be a better choice. Planning on staying at the Polynesian. Thanks!

Crowd predictors may say June is a busier time of the year but I have found it to be slower (I think it may have to do with AP blackout dates). I also think the weather is a little better in June. That being said I would pick August. There is a very good chance you could get a great rate from MVT at that time and Toy Story Land may be open (of course It may be open in June too), so I say August for the cheaper rate?

1 Like

I also think August for the MVT rates

1 Like

I have gone that specific week in August the last two years and stayed at the Poly on the MVT rates; next month will be our third year in a row. While it is certainly hot and humid, the Poly is a great place to use the pool or a rest in your room to cool down in the afternoons. My husband has asked about different dates, but when I informed him how much more it would be to stay at his beloved Poly at a different time, he did not ask again! Haven’t been in June, so I can’t compare, but even our first year I felt crowds were manageable. Last year was even better.

2 Likes