Need a bit of advice for extra day

We will be arriving at Disney world in June and have 6 full days for the parks. We are arriving at normal opening time every day but one - that is our sleep in/easy day. We’ve never been to Disney, so looking for input on what your favorite park to visit a second time is? We will probably go for 4 hours or so over lunch/early afternoon before heading back to the resort. Besides MK, as we already have two days there. We plan to take every afternoon for naps or swim back at the resort, so hopefully we aren’t completely gassed for arriving all the other days at 8:30!
Also, at character meets, are you able to take pictures with your own camera?

1 Like

Epcot is by far our favorite park. There is so much to see and do at Epcot, it is definitely worth a second day. You can take pics with your own camera at meet and greets (or at least you could a few years ago when we were there)

2 Likes

We were leaning Epcot, so that’s great to hear! I think we could hit all the pavilions with a second day!

If you do two Epcot days, would break them into East and West. So you do some FW and half of WS the first day, and the rest the second.

That gives a nice mix to the day, and allows you to get FPs for two of the three headliners. Maybe do an Agent P adventure each day, and catch a couple of the “acts” in WS too.

2 Likes

I would do 2 days in Epcot. This will give you more time to explore WS.

1 Like

Agree with the above. Epcot can take two full days if you want to see it all and also stay a bit relaxed.

AK it’s my actual favorite park

2 Likes

This probably not a popular choice, but we’d do DHS twice. AK has a lot to do and two Tier 1 FP’s worth getting, but not much I’d want to do twice…maybe Expedition Everest and maybe FoP. As a family we “love, love” more rides in DHS than any other park. We could do RnRC, TSM, ToT, Star Tours, the Frozen Sing-A-Long and Fantasmic all-day-long. We also very much like SDD and AS2 and wouldn’t mind doing a few trips on each of those.

My kids were not really interested in World Showcase at all, but we explored it after Agent P closed for the day, so that was almost certainly part of it.

Our second choice might be a 3rd day at MK before a second day at Epcot or AK.

Wait, agent P closes? I thought it was tied to the app somehow.

Yeah. I don’t really get why it closes since it is run from the app., and we didn’t try it since it was after the listed closing hours (which were 6pm the day we were there). Maybe it would still work?

But, here’s the listing for today from Disney’s website.

1 Like

Maybe they don’t want people doing it during Illuminations because the lighting is so dimmed?

1 Like

Now that you mention it, it may just be a sunset thing. It was closing much earlier (6pm) when we went in December.

3 Likes

So we changed it to two days at HS, well one and a half. I think my kids will also not care about WS and start to complain :rofl: but they will be thrilled to ride the rides at HS again. Good mix for the ages in our family. Funny since HS seems the smallest! We will just do a rope drop to close at Epcot on our last day. The WS looked like a lot of shops and shows…I think 3-4 will be good for us.

1 Like

Yeah, DHS is definitely the smallest park and it was even smaller (just 4 rides) before TSL opened. But now 5 of the 6 rides are definitely worth multiple (if not many multiple) laps and when you add in the shows and parades and multiple nighttime spectaculars (the Star Wars thing and Fantasmic!) it’s a park I could spend more time in than Epcot or AK. And also, yes, at most meet and greets it’s only personal cameras…no Photopass photographers.

On the whole, our family doesn’t really do shopping or food so World Showcase was kind of a bust across age groups. Agent P’s would almost certainly have been a hit, but we decided to spend more time in the Future World interactive play areas (Innoventions, Mission Space, Test Track, ImageWorks and SeaBase) instead. I think we probably would have like Agent P’s more given that at the end of the trip, Sorcerers of the MK turned out to be a surprise hit.

1 Like

We have two teens that will ride RNR and TOT, but my husband, myself, and my 8 year old will not. My husband might try RNR :rofl: The half day we plan to split in half on fast passes, with three of us getting one of the TSL FP and RNR, and the other two people getting the other TSL FP and TOT. We will then have me, my husband, and 8 year old ride both TSL FP rides with our own magic bands and the teens magic bands. Then we will let the teens use our magic bands along with their own to ride TOT and RNR multiple times. The teens will have ridden TSL rides the other day we are at HS. Is this allowed? I hope!

Your interests sound very similar to my family’s. I think we will check enjoy the areas you suggested and then hit up a couple WS as time allows. We will definitely have time for two, and maybe that’s all we decide we care for!

1 Like

It’s not “allowed” per se, but it’s never ever enforced or questioned or even raised an eyebrow at. If you have an 8 year old, you can also utilize Rider Switch to gain extra Fast Passing.

1 Like