Need ~20 volunteers to test new page on site

Will check it out later today. Finished work and need a nap

FYI, the dashboard is up now. If you’re on the testing list, you should be able to see it. Thanks ya’ll!

1 Like

@sarah If i’m supposed to be in the testing I cannot see it. I posted pretty early on. Not too worried about it just wanted to let you know in case I should be.

Guess I should have also asked if it was at the normal address lol.

Shows up at the very top on the right for me @ThatDisneyGuy_outer1

Odd… I’ll have to clear out my cache later and try again. Might be storing an older version of the page.

@Lentesta This is great! I really like it a lot. I don’t see anything ‘broken.’ All of the links seems to work and took me to appropriate places.

Feedback/Suggestions:

1. What is this: “Loyalty Program Statuses: None selected”

2. The font seems like it would be a bit small for some users. Maybe the font inside the center box could go up a step?

3. I successfully added 2 trips. For the one with dates overlapping my existing personalized TPs, it auto-added them to the plan… NICE! AWESOME! When I added the second trip though, it wasn’t immediately clear to me where the first one went. I ultimately found it with the yellow on the left, but if possible, it might be nice for the second trip to be in a box below the first one. Like, when I clicked the red ‘add new trip’ I thought it would add it in that space.

4. Like that it has a countdown!

5. There seems to be some redundancy… like, the crowd tracker section on the right brings you to the same place that the date section does above the weather, which is the same link as the one for ‘view park crowds.’ I’d ditch the crowd tracker box on the right for this reason. Is it auto-adding your dates to the crowd tracker for email purposes?

6. The ‘destinations’ box similarly seems unnecessary to have in the dashboard from a user standpoint. Though I can see that it might be there to (a) make people aware of the other parts of TP, and (b) sell upgrades. Not a criticism, just didn’t seem totally necessary if you were trying to streamline the look. If anything, I’d move this to the bottom. I liked that chat and the forums were linked though!

7. I expected weather info when I clicked on the date in the weather box, which brought me to in park crowds. TP isn’t a weather program, but since the link was in there thats where I expected it to take me.

8. Might be nice to add a photo of your resort (maybe give us the option to select it) at the top or bottom, something to bring some more excitement about your specific trip to the page.

All in all, this seems like a great addition to TP! Bravo!

1 Like

Loyalty programs is for DCL Castaway Club. Perhaps we shouldn’t list it if it’s NA.

Ahh, I see. Maybe if you just changed it to “Cruise Line Loyalty Status” that would at least clear things up for people (like me, and new-to-disney users) who know nothing about DCL. Or if you omitted it only from trip dashboards that aren’t DCL, though that sounds like its probably more complicated. Thanks! :smile:

Also just a heads up that I didn’t receive any notification in the forum that the test had started, and if I hadn’t randomly remembered to check this thread I wouldn’t have known… so if you aren’t getting feedback from the other volunteers yet that may be why. Depending on the urgency here it may make sense to notify people that its live for feedback.

1 Like

Ah, special character usernames strikes again. :slight_smile: I’ll change it, give it a few minutes.

haha ok… sorry… I guess I should really change it to something more basic.

You can email me with both accounts. I can do it tonight. I’ll need confirmation from both email addresses used (so a mail from each address listing the user names and which one you want to merge to - I assume it’s Darth_DopeyD73, but need to be sure). This way I know you’re not hijacking someone else’s account (not that I think you’d do that, that’s just the way we do things around here).

I don’t know @LaurelStewart she’s kinda shifty lol. Oh and @sarah it’s working now thank you so much.

2 Likes

Thanks, I had a quick look at i can see the dashboard so once i am finished work I can go in and test.

Thanks @LaurelStewart! I’ll email you tonight with the account information and all that good stuff. I wonder if I should hijack @MDU’s account… HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

1 Like

Why in the world would anyone want to pretend they were THAT crazy chick?

3 Likes

@Lentesta regarding the test. Haven’t had a chance to really look so far and take notes.

And I know you said mobile version later, BUT… When I tried to access the forums, this is what I saw on my iPhone 5 using safari:

Just saw that testing was up, so the first thing I did was log on with IE 11.0.10. Went to add a trip and when I clicked the Save button nothing is happening. Note: I did have problems yesterday with the forum in general on IE not refreshing and even when I refreshed the page I had to clear my cache in order for new stuff to show up. I gave up and started using Chrome for the forum. I will try chrome to test the dashboard. Here is an examploe of my IE screen.

UPDATE: Seems like my trip was actually planned 3 times. Still can’t see it on IE, so I had to once again clear my cache and re log into TP.com in order for it to show up. I don’t know if it is me or IE.

1 Like

From my initial look, I like the links to the forum, chat and twitter. I am now following you on twitter because you made it so easy to do so. I expect your twitter followers will increase dramatically.

I am doing this on my IPad using google chrome, btw.

I like having the crowd numbers right there. I would love if you could list the 4 main parks and the crowd level for that day.

Including weather is great. Would love to know when rain is likely for touring plans. Maybe list probability of precipitation for RD, noon, late afternoon and evening.

So appreciate having my TP that I have already made for each day pop up like this. Perhaps a space for “Notes for the Day” - just a line or two, so I could write, switch hotels or meet Len for drinks at LaCava at 5.

Theses are my initial impressions.

Anne (aka Coolermama)

2 Likes