My wish for Touring Plans - Rope Drop option

I think one might be of a similar mindset (I’d say that describes us), of not wanting to max out as many rides as possible, and would still benefit from Optimize over Evaluate… depending on one’s specific circumstances, of course. Even on days I’m not looking to tear through the park, I still want the software to help me minimize lines. I mean, to me there is no scenario or preference that could desire long lines over short, all things being equal.

I’ve concocted short plans, and easy going “smell the roses” plans… but I still always optimize.

But to each his/her own. If it works for you, it goes to show there is no one single way to skin a cat.

That would certainly be a workaround. It’d be nice not to have to employ nuisance laborious workarounds.

For us, we sometimes also ignore the recommendation because it creates extra walking or doesn’t fit another preference. For example, we want to ride Peoplemover after dark and TP doesn’t give us a time of day option for it. Or we want to visit the France Pavilion while Belle is there, not after our Chefs de France dinner reservation.

I looked at all my plans optimized, and I put them in order in a way that makes sense to me going around the parks. The funny thing was that overall the optimized plan had very little difference in total wait times, and quite a bit more walking time. There are many times when optimize will send you across the park to save 5 minutes in a line and then send you back to the same amount of time near where you started. I have so much more free time doing the order myself. That gives me the freedom to not be so tied to the plan all the time- generally a more fly by the seat of my pants type. I actually appreciate the plan more because it gives me plenty of time to be flexible.

3 Likes

For Rope Drop I just don’t add the ride I am going to Rope Drop and put my start time approx when I think I’ll be finished that ride, or 30 mins after park open. If I am using TP, I tend to optimize multiple times during the day. I tend to start with using TP and then go with the flow…or what FP I can get next :joy:

Yes. I have learned not to Optimize. Just make the plan you like and Evaluate, then tweek from there.

2 Likes

Agreed! I have seen the numbers / math and I get you really do save time with optimize. However, I don’t want to crisscross / bounce all over the park. If it means I lose 45 minutes in my day to create a “path” that’s fine. Saves my energy to be able to go all day.

2 Likes