My wife, the genius...aka, portable nightstand

This was discussed in another thread…but my wife wanted a nightstand we could pack for trips where the hotels don’t have a nightstand on both sides of the bed. (Like the Boardwalk Studio!)

Anyhow, here is the final product.

The base is a collapsible stool she found on Amazon. The top is just a cutting board from IKEA attached with industrial strength Velcro. The handle of the cutting board holds firmly the extension cord so that we can plug USB charging bricks.

She is a genius. Just sayin’.

18 Likes

This is pretty cool. My DH usually just moves furniture around or uses a suitcase.

3 Likes

That is annoying, and so common. Since we always get the two queen beds, DH and I have to figure out which bed has THE nightstand on the correct side. He has a CPAP so needs the nightstand and electrical. Then for me, I literally can not find my glasses without my glasses, without a nightstand, this is a real problem.

2 Likes

Ditto on the suitcase.

1 Like

That is extremely creative!

I agree your wife is a genius and this is a great idea! I can’t tell you how many times I have volunteered to give up the side of the bed with no nightstand so my wife could have it, even if it meant I had to sleep on the “wrong” side of the be compared to normal.

I do have to point out that when I first read the thread title, I thought it was saying your wife was a portable night stand. :joy:

3 Likes