My Plan Won't Optimize

Hi there, I just subscribed to tourinplans and downloaded the app, and tried to build my days. However, whenever I hit “optimize”, either in the app or web, it just hangs and never produces a result. Am I doing something wrong? My trip isn’t until April, am I too far out for optimization to work?

2 Likes

Welcome!!! Ask anything & as often as you need!

You need to refresh the page after the Optimization and Evaluations to see your new / updated plans.

You have to do it each time you reevaluate or optimize. GL!

1 Like

Ah! Thanks so much. Have to say, the optimized plan still isn’t making much sense to me, it doesn’t have me securing any lightning lanes until well into the morning, and then they’re for weird rides (mad tea party at 4pm??). It’s also estimating wait times that seem REALLY optimistic without the use of lighting lanes (<10 minutes for almost everything… we’re going during April vacation.)

1 Like

Would you be willing to Share the plan so we could see what might be occurring??

They are working on this. I think the software figures the minimal amount of work to achieve the plan in the amount of time you’ve set. Or at least that has been my observation with playing around with plans.
Also, with the latest update, it had been hanging up for me as well with optimize. It has been fixed, at least for my desktop. I rarely use the app. The desktop plans creation is just superior IMO. I generally refresh anyway because I’m impatient!
As far as LL selections go, there are a couple threads here that talk about priority order and such. Another great resource to use is thrill data. For most normal days you can view that day of the week for the previous year to get an idea of LL and return times. (make sure you are comparing a Monday for a Monday, Friday for a Friday, etc). Then you make a list of your LL plan based on the rules and the data. You can manually plug these into your plan. Just do not select that you are buying Genie+. If you do, the software will want to give you “suggestions”. That still needs some work. An update should be coming soon from what I hear.

1 Like

100% true!!

Also 100% true!!

All true!!! Len said this on the podcast last & this week. That’s 3 out of 3!! LOL!! :rofl:

1 Like

TP wait times are based on actual reported times. WDW often inflated these sometimes by 50% or more. I like to set my walking pace to relax. This can account for pit stops and a longer than expected line. If you leave the walking pace on default, it assumes you are going from ride to ride with no detours at all. Also, if you set a break, it doesn’t track the walking time from the step before to the step after. It adds just 1 minute. If you are in the same area that’s fine. But if you are walking any distance, it’s best to take the break out, get the walking time and add that to the break time before putting that step back in place.
Please feel free to ask for anything you need. So many of us here make touring plans just for fun, no actual trip needed :joy:

1 Like

Making touring plans is my passtime :joy:

2 Likes

I get that!! It’s mine too!

You’ll be the expert here on WDW TPs though. I don’t mess with G+ and ILL!! I’m too busy riding VelociCoaster over & over! :rofl: :innocent:

@MountainMiss - Sorry I’m hijacking your post with silliness & conversations!

1 Like

I haven’t done US without Express Unlimited. But it is superior in every way (the skip the line service I mean). I haven’t done VC. I’m hoping to get to add on US to our Nov trip (for my birthday!)

1 Like

You had it right before you corrected it!!! :scream: (I saw it it!! :innocent:)

I hope so too!!! I’ll be back for HHN33 in September. So have all your November UOR questions ready when I do my TR!!

Seriously though, G+ / ILL is messed up. UXP is vastly superior because UOR charges so much for it that it isn’t overused. Disney Paris & Tokyo do it well. You buy a pass that lets you on “most” attractions only once. It works fine. I know WDW is larger, but there are so many better ways to do Express than how WDW incorporates it…

1 Like

:joy: :joy: And I KNEW you were going to agree with what I actually didn’t mean. :joy: :joy: But I was talking about the line skip system. When Epic opens, I may have a different opinion. I grew up with Super Mario and made my kids do the same :grin:

1 Like