My Perfectly Planned Trip, plus the Unexpected

I love the quiet of the morning, especially at WDW. I am glad you and your DSiS got to enjoy a bit of it together!

4 Likes

Have you changed your milk and your nails every day of your trip to match your outfit? You are spot on today (er, the other day)

6 Likes

Agreed.

4 Likes

Day 7 Recap: 21,468 steps, left room at 1:30pm, returned 1:30am. DVC membership is a nice advantage for the holiday parties: it got DSiL and nephews in to MK at 2pm on their party tickets. I had set up FPPs for the 2-5pm window, and we used the time before the party well.
Rode: Buzz, Monsters x2 (once with xmas overlay), SM, AstrOrbiter, Dumbox2, Barnstormer, 7DMT, Carousel, IASW, PP, Philharmagic, tea cups
Met: Santa Goofy, 7Dwarves!
Castle photo photos, plus party party special photos
Cosmic Ray’s holiday dance party with DJ
Saw Tomorrowland Xmas show, Frozen opening with Ice Castle start, Minnie’s xmas fireworks, Closing castle stage show
Bought: me, party exclusive tshirts and ornament, nephews - too much to list!
Cookies: 4 of 6 stations, peppermint x2, apple cider x2, hot chocolate x2

The advice to prioritize is exactly right. We only did Main Street, Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland, but we did pretty much everything! the boys didn’t care about the parades so we mostly roamed and did whatever they wanted. We did some headliners, but also sweet classics, and they really liked that

I think I like the Christmas party more — thanks to all for encouragement and advice!

Oh, and to pay it forward: I learned you DO NOT need to wait in epic lines for the monorail or boat to TTC at close. A CM directed us to buses to TTC, and they were walk-on, as we passed the usual masses waiting for the usual options.

14 Likes

Day 8: Plan A had been to spend the morning by myself in AK — I have FPPs — while the rest sleep in, pack, swim, etc before we leave for MCO at 1:30.

Then I had a crazy idea to get to HS at 5:00 to try to ride RotR. I was all set to do it, but when my alarm went off at 4am I had a weather alert of severe thunderstorms 5am to 8am. So I reverted to Plan A and changed the alarm to 7am. The thunder and lightening started crashing around 6am and continued to 7am, so I was happy with my decision. I’ll save more RotR for next trips in Feb and April!
So I loaded the car with my bags at 8am and arrived AK at 8:15am. I’m having a latte and deciding what to do around my FOP, KS, and EE FPPs. And the sun is out!

12 Likes

enjoy your last morning
I’ve loved following along with with you.

6 Likes

DD21 and I have done it so I told him if it was his priority we could make it happen!

6 Likes

This is a really good way to enjoy morning coffee!

12 Likes

20 Likes

I decided that I am going to spend time doing things I’ve never really focused on in AK before in and around my favorite FPPs, like really seeing Pandora

12 Likes

8 Likes

11 Likes

9 Likes

9 Likes

OK, FOP time!

7 Likes

Pandora is so beautiful.

3 Likes

We adults are so funny. I rode with a family of 7, three women and 4 kids around my nephews’ ages. As we were getting on the FoP ride vehicles the kids started getting nervous. The moms were saying “you’re going to ride a dragon!”. “don’t be afraid, its not real”. “Its so great, you will see Pandora and fly through the skies!”. “Close your eyes if you want”

Exactly what i said to DNephews :slight_smile:

the mom next to me apologized, and i was laughing and told her i went thru exactly the same thing with my nephews. And that the minute the ride was over they said “ I want to ride it again!”

So as soon as the ride was over they all said, yes “I want to ride it again!”

On the way out I explained how to try for the same day FPP drops :wink:

16 Likes

That is precious!!:heart_eyes:

1 Like

This is fabulous information. Thank you!

4 Likes

This is going to be the AK Club 33. Maybe some day…

7 Likes