My New Strange Hobby

I made some minnie ears yesterday! They are far from perfect, but I’m pretty proud of them for my first attempt. I am not sure that I like the larger bow on the Rey inspired ears; I was thinking that I would wear the larger bow and DD11 would wear the smaller bow, but the large bow really covers up a lot.I have one more pair to make that is Nightmare Before Christmas themed, to wear to Boo Bash (DD7 is going as Jack and I am going as Sally. DD11 will be wearing her Rey costume with the ears pictured here, and DS12 will be Luke Skywalker!) They’re really fun to make, but so time consuming!

34 Likes

They’re cute! I’ve been looking at ears on Etsy, they are big business!

5 Likes

The Rey ears were definitely inspired by an Etsy listing that I couldn’t get delivered in time for our trip. My husband pointed out that if I could sell just two pairs of ears from the leftover materials I have, it would pay for all of the supplies. These took FOREVER to make though- basically all day for three pairs. Whatever people are asking on Etsy is certainly justified just in labor-cost alone. I don’t think mine are good enough to sell to someone else. Maybe if I practice and get out all the flaws

3 Likes

Your first efforts are never going to be perfect. Though I think you did a great job!

1 Like

In my experience, you usually see all of the flaws in your work, but others do not.

4 Likes

Love them!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Well done.

How cute with the little light sabres. Is that Lego?

4 Likes

Those are so good!

1 Like

Great job!!

Thank you!
They are cupcake toppers :rofl:

2 Likes

These came out great! Making ears is so much fun, but not cheaper than buying, as my DH likes to point out. Sometimes it’s just about the fun of creating.

2 Likes

These are amazing! Did you use a pattern or tutorial you would be willing to share? I’ve been doing embroidery recently, and now I’m tempted to embroider some!