My daughter got accepted into DCP. Now What?

We found out last week that my daughter will be heading to WDW the beginning of August for DCP. What should we expect? Any tips on planning some trips to visit her?

4 Likes

My DH and I met on the college program in 1995 so just fair warning that our program was life-changing. Not sure how much the program has changed since we’ve been there. I’m sure its changed a good bit. Depending on her work location, be prepared to plan trips that will not include her all day as there was no way I was getting a day off of work at my location - Main Street USA. Tell her to have fun and enjoy!!!

1 Like

That is awesome that you met your spouse at DCP. We have always gone to WDW a couple times a year so we think these trips will be more about spending time when she isn’t working NOT touring the parks but having a nice meal together. Our trips usually are moderate resorts and we are at the park from open to close. We are thinking maybe more resort time on these trips.

I did the college program in 2009 and it was fantastic. It is going to be hard for her to get full days off, but it can be done. When I have friends/family come visit I usually worked in the afternoon/night so I would spend the morning with them. When I was at Space and we had 3am EMH nights I usually wasn’t scheduled until 9 or 10pm and would get out at 4am. Would make for a long long day, but in my opinion it was worth it. I had a ton of visitors while working and those CM discounts on rooms, dining plan and merchandise are pretty great. Oh and property control is also fantastic for finding stuff on sale. She can bring family into one section, but not the other. Or at least that is how it used to be in 2013 when I left. Tell her to have fun and enjoy it! It goes by in a blink of an eye!!

1 Like