Must see resort?

What is your must see resort? We are staying at Caribbean Beach and typically choose budget friendly accomodations, but would like to go visit another ‘must see’ resort during the evening of our arrival to look around and oohh aaahhh at :smile:

The Grand Floridian has a very impressive lobby and is pleasant to walk around. It’s also easy to get to.

I personally really like Wilderness Lodge, though that’s a bit more of a faff to get to. Though the journey is a nice one: a boat trip across Bay Lake. And you may as well take the boat from the Contemporary and see that as well.

I personally don’t think any of the Boardwalk area hotels are worth a special trip to visit.

Oh, but Animal Kingdom Lodge is certainly worth a visit: the lobby is impressive and there are animals to see on the savannah.

3 Likes

AKL and WL are breathtaking and offer other things to do while visiting too (dining, animals at AKL, etc). They were designed by the same architect and you can tell.

At night though visiting Boardwalk and the resorts around that lake is super special.

6 Likes

Wilderness Lodge is awesome, but more than that, I think all of Ft Wilderness is worth a visit.

2 Likes

Agree with the others, AKL and WL are amazing, and GF is also very pretty. The main concourse of the CR is pretty cool; but doesn’t take very long to see. Hop off the mono, walk around for 10 or 15 minutes, and then hop back on again on your way to the GF (or take a boat from the CR to WL)

1 Like

Agreed on all of the above. I think BW is worth seeing at night.

1 Like

wilderness lodge and animal kingdom lodge

2 Likes

Will the skyliner be open? Is so, I’d head over to the boardwalk area.

1 Like

I have always loved the feel and smell of the Polynesian. It really makes me feel like I’m on vacation.

2 Likes

POR doesn’t get mentioned much but at night, it’s magical. If you are at DS, take the boat to POR. There is nothing like the sound of the clopping of horse drawn carriages and old style street lamps illuminating the river and stately “Mansions” and Alligator Bayou. 0-17|375x500 0-26 Yehaa Bob Jackson is a fabulous entertainer in the River Roost Lounge who appears most nights.

5 Likes

POR mansions and river

3 Likes

Have to chime in for Wilderness Lodge. From the boat dock, in the evening, the windows in the central section are interesting. We love the Spanish moss in the trees along the elevated walkway from the dock. You’ll be near the geyser as you enter the pool area, maybe it’ll be erupting. Once you enter the lobby you’ll hear the creek as it makes its way out and down to the pool. The rocking chairs are comfy. The fireplace has interesting stones - if you’re into geology. The four main pillars have animal carvings. Beside the store is a totem pole we usually take kids’ photos beside, over the years. And the store always seems to have the best selection of stuff.
If you’re leaving late enough you’ll be able to see the ever popular Electric Boat Parade.
Animal Kingdom Lodge is very cool and unusual and best seen while the sun is up - unless there is no longer the animal viewing area off the main lobby? It’s been a few years since we’ve gotten out to AKL.

2 Likes

I will echo many here but also say for me there are two catagories: 1)entering the resort via transportation and 2) the main building. Both are awe inspiring in different ways.

For the first I love POR at night via boat, the monorail going into the CR from MK and the friendship boats pulling into boardwalk at night. It is then worth a walk around the boardwalk or POR (but not CR).

For resort buildings themselves, I am partial to AK and GF. WL if you have never seen the the real one in Yellowstone.

1 Like