Must-dos for HS

We are planning a day at HS and I am finding it very hard to create my TP because of all the timed shows and our lunch/break so we will have to pick and choose. We plan to RD RnR, get FPP for TSMM and ToT (not me!!), and then have F! dining package for lunch. Then we will take a break at hotel until around 530/6 and return for a couple hours and F!. DH wants to check out the Great Movie Ride but what else is a must-do. We’ve been to HS before but it seems hard to plan. I should add that it’s Me, DH, and kids 15, 12, 7, and 6. What is your favorite?

1 Like

Our must dos are TSMM, RnRC, TOT, Star Tours, Muppetvision, JTA, Launch Bay including the meet and greets.

1 Like

Sounds like you already hit the headliners (RnR & ToT). What about Star Tours?

You can get pretty much all HS attractions done in one day with a good TP. So, I recommend you simply look at the list of operating attractions and decide what your family would be into (or not) and put those into your TP.

Put it this way. There are only 5 RIDES. So you can easily get them all in! They are:

• Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
  • Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
  • The Great Movie Ride
  • The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
  • Toy Story Midway Mania!

Then there are 8 shows that you’ll be at the mercy of their schedule to get them in:

• Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
  • Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
  • Fantasmic!
  • For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
  • Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
  • Muppet*Vision 3D
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid
  • Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream

The rest are Star Wars related shows/meet & greets that may or may not interest you:

• Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
  • March of the First Order
  • Star Wars Launch Bay
  • Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular
  • Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away
  • Star Wars: Path of the Jedi

Good luck and have fun!

3 Likes

I would possibly split your group, depending on what you want to do, or see what you missed last time?

SO much really depends on what your group is “into”. I’m coming from the direction of a guy in his 50s with no kids to factor into the equation. I’m in the minority, but I can take or leave (usually the latter) TSMM; it’s kind of fun, but SO not up to all of the hype. I love ST and never miss it; I try to ride multiple times if the lines permit. ToT, RnRC, and, GMR are also a “must-dos” for me.

I’m pretty burned out on the shows. I still enjoy Indy and will watch LM if I can basically “walk in” with less than a 10 min wait. BatB was a one and done; having seen Aladdin at DCA I was expecting a show with similar production values and I was sadly disappointed. You would have to hold a gun to my head to get me to go to the Frozen Sing-along or Disney Jr. (I’ve watched them both on video, and that was more than enough). I don’t necessarily consider One Man’s Dream a “show”, but it’s one of my favorite things in DHS and I never miss going through it (I’m kind of a Disney history nerd).

Most of the SW stuff has been added since my last trip. The Launch Bay and the Galactic Spectacular will certainly be on my “must do” list for my next trip; the rest of the offering would fall into my “catch them if convenient” category.

Oh I forgot about the Frozen sing along. It’s brilliant.

If you like Frozen it is. If you don’t, then it’s no fun. I liked it a lot, but I love frozen. My wife & daughter liked it too, but my son hated it, but he’s not a big frozen or musical fan.

What Tate said.
If you plug what you’d LIKE to do into a custom TP, won’t the software do everything for you?
If you can’t do it all as a group, take the opportunity to split the group up if some do not want to do what the others will enjoy more. If you don’t wanna do TOT (best ride at dw, by the way,) and there are others that do not wanna do it as well, split off and get something else done that the TOT group would not like to do, then meet up somewhere. You can create a sep touring plan for one group, and essentially meet at different attractions all day. You can have sep fastpasses for one group, but time attractions (with fp or without fp) for the same time, and basically meet up at the attraction entrance before you all go in as a group. Maybe have Mom and Dad lead BOTH groups at different times. The planning (imo) actually sounds like a fun challenge to me.

1 Like

I guess that’s true but if someone hates Frozen, I think they’d skip that one whether I think it’s brilliant or not

I LOVED the narrator people. They had me in stitches.

1 Like

Me too!

We were at HS on December 22. We read the description of the SW- Galactic Spectacular on Touring Plans. It made the attraction sound like it would be a book report. We watched it anyway. WOW! It was one of the best things we did! I don’t know if it will be around. TP said it wouldn’t be running the week we were there, but it was.

So, add Star Tours and SW Galactic Spectacular to your plan. We love to do Star Tours multiple times, too. It always different.

1 Like

I did some solo touring while DH took DD to do some things she wanted to do. Splitting up was a great idea.

1 Like

I think it’s been said but I feel it bears repeating. Beauty and the Beast!!! Without exaggeration, it is a Broadway caliber show and one we would never miss!!! Yoj can grab a snack(and a beer) and head in, sit down, relax and be amazed!