Must do restaurant recommendations for families

Hi

This is my first post!

We are travelling to DW next June with me, my husband, 3 children (ages 7, 4 and 1) and my in laws and brother in law. Would you recommend any must do or just great places to eat for families? We have been to Disney before and ate at restaurants like rain forest cafe but we didnt feel that was that special as (we are from the UK) we have been to the London one and it felt just the same so would really like recommendations for places that are unique to Disney

Thanks x

Welcome! My kids love Chef Mickey dinner. Great character interaction and the food is ok. We also liked Garden Grill and Ohana breakfast. Crystal Palace breakfast is our favorite. For no character dining we like Ohana dinner, Cape May (dinner, there are characters at breakfast), Sanaa, and Boma. They are all buffets or family style (except Sanaa) dinners/breakfasts.

Though I’m not a huge AK fan, Tusker House is fantastic. You didn’t mention whether you have boys or girls, but if girls Cinderella’s Royal Table is a great experience. Biergarten is fun at Epcot.

Ah yes good point … We have 3 girls. The smallest is too little to get it all but the other 2 lurve the princesses. We did royal table last time but we’ll do that again as it was pretty special (grandad has said he’ll meet us afterwards for that one!!)

Hello there!

I have boys, so can’t recommend princessy stuff, but it sounds like you have that covered with Cinderella’s Royal Table anyway!

For characters we love Crystal Palace breakfast - the character interaction is great. They were so sweet with my youngest boy. Pooh’s French toast with strawberry sauce is my favourite thing on the buffet.

We like noisy friendly restaurants where kids being a bit loud and boisterous won’t be a problem. Our favourites are Ohana dinner and Boma dinner (really good African inspired buffet, but with plenty of choices for the less adventurous types).

Our favourite last minute place is Olivia’s. The staff are great and the food is great too. We have never had a problem getting a last minute reservation there.

For the girls, I would recommend Arkhesus and 1900 Park Fare. We like the Food at Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey. We would Try Be Our Guest in December.

I’ll throw Hoop dee doo revue out there. Dinner + show and it gives you an opportunity to see a bit of Fort Wilderness. Classic Disney family fun!

1 Like

I think the “cool restaurant experiences” can be categorized into the basic overlapping categories, of which some of the best we’ve seen/heard of are:

1. Character meals - we love Akershus for princesses (less $/1 TS credit), Garden Grill for ambiance/food (brought family style to table instead of having to get up and go to a buffet), Tusker House (African)
  2. Unique/themed - San Angel Inn Restaurante (inside Mayan pyramid), California Grill (overlooking Wishes fireworks), Sci Fi Diner (at a “Drive in” movie theatre), Biergarten (Octoberfest), Teppan Edo (Japanese grill)
  3. Good food - Boma, Sanaa, Captain’s Grill, Kona Cafe
    There are of course, lots of others that people have mentioned here.
    Happy planning! :slight_smile:
1 Like

I am going to go in a different direction. How about the Liberty Tree Tavern? It’s colonial era America and something akin to our Thanksgiving dinner is served. If you dine in London, you have access to a lot of the yummy food from non-US places mentioned above, so it might provide a change of pace.

1 Like

Thanks everyone - lots for me to take a look at

Xx

1 Like

Good suggestion! I love LTT :smile:

1 Like

For ambience and atmosphere we loved Be our Guest, Sci Fi diner, and Sanaa.
All a little different from your standard restaurant.
Sanaa was my fave…
Oh and in downtown Disney - raglan road.
Epcot - via Napoli.