Muppets Haunted Mansion - now streaming

Finally got around to watching it. So cute! I love how they really incorporated the ride soundtrack throughout.

2 Likes

We watched it last week. It wasnā€™t as good as I had hoped, since we are big Muppets fans, but they did a great job with the ride references throughout, which ended up being the funniest moments as well.

2 Likes

I thought this was pretty good. Overall it was a pretty good job of the muppets put in a modern setting but still having the old Muppet feel. The ride humor was blended in nicely. For me, this was a great way for them to keep bringing the Muppets back into peopleā€™s consciousness. I think these types of specials are important so that we can eventually see more of them in the parks.

In summary, it was great and my kids loved it too.

3 Likes

Oh I definitely agree it was more attraction heavy vs Muppet heavy.

Just thought about the dueling portraitsā€¦ DRAW! :rofl:

5 Likes

I loved it!

BUT ā€¦ as soon as it was over, my DS9 said, ā€œNow Iā€™m going to have nightmares forever,ā€ which he said while holding back tears.

I was shocked that he was scared - I thought it was very lighthearted. Not even as scary as the ride (which he has done multiple times and has always been ok, though itā€™s not necessarily his favorite). This is the kid that, at age 4 when he watched Jurassic World on Blu-Ray, turned to me after the Indominus broke free and said, ā€œHe ate the guy!ā€ and laughed with glee.

The part of Muppets that scared him particularly was when John Stamos turned into a beast. I think the bride scenes also scared him.

(Interestingly, I think the other younger kids were fine. :joy:)

8 Likes

My DS6 jumped at the John Stamos scene but was fine after the initial jump scare. Heā€™s also not typically scared of things - he loves the movie Aliens and his favorite toy is a stuffed Facehugger! Heā€™s also a fan of playing Minecraft and endlessly spawning villagers into a pool of lava while laughing manically, soā€¦ Maybe not the best comparison? :rofl:

3 Likes

Itā€™s the red eyes I think. That will scare kids. The John Stamos made me jump a little lol!

3 Likes

DD18 and I watched it last night. I enjoyed it more than she did, I think. She doesnā€™t have the same affinity for the Muppets that a lot of us have.

@Jeff_AZ I think kids often will develop fears as they go through different developmental stages. Itā€™s like your son now has the capacity to understand whatā€™s happening ( and the imagination to project even more) where before things were just funny. I definitely remember experiencing this with DD21.

3 Likes

This is so true for him. He has an extremely vivid and wild imagination. Last night he was telling me he was scared because of stories his friend at school told him about Freddie and Pennywise. I told him not to listen to those stories any more and to tell his friend he doesnā€™t want to hear about it! (Or It, either!)

5 Likes

Finally got to watch this tonight!

It was super cute. Loved how they worked everything in (including the hidden Mickey on the table in the ballroom scene!). Loved the cameo. Glad we got to see Constance and her famous line at the end!

4 Likes