Mug of the Day (ish) Because I Miss Disney

Question about buying mugs in WDW. Do the come in a box? We are flying with carry on only. Wondering on best way to get them home without breaking…

Most do not.

I bought one a couple of years ago and it broke on the way home. No worries - I called (some number probably provided by someone here) and they sent me a new on, no questions no hassle.

1 Like

I might bring bubble wrap with me :grin:

1 Like

Shhh.
I’m telling my wife we HAVE to buy Disney mugs before our trip to avoid bringing home broken mugs.
:grin:

4 Likes

but sometimes you’ll (she’ll) encounter ones that you cannot buy online. And then you just have to buy it while there. Oh well heehee

3 Likes

lol exactly, 'cause when it’s in front of you who can say no to an awesome mug?

(and at that point, if she counters with “maybe we can find it online…?” I’ll sort of nod… but then I can toss out one of our shopping rules: “When in doubt, buy the shoes.”)

ETA: the rule isn’t a suggestion to buy shoes instead of another purchase but a reminder how often when she comes back a second time, she finds her size sold out. In other words, Buyer’s Remorse is the best remorse.

2 Likes

They usually wrap them in tissue. Not always effective, though.

1 Like

I dont know if this would travel well. Doesnt sound promising, lol. I can find some bubble wrap. Only plan on buying 3 (means 6).

1 Like

110%

2 Likes

The shops go to great lengths to wrap anything breakable. The Canada :canada: kiosk was upset they didn’t have bubble wrap on hand, causing me to wait as they ran into the trading post to get some. I appreciated the extra efforts and then… my DH looked me dead in the eye and started twirling the bag :face_with_raised_eyebrow::smirk:. It made it home safe as evidenced in my earlier post on this thread.

5 Likes

I bought two mugs which were wrapped in paper. Thicker and safer than tissue. I took them home no problem. I actually think it’s safer if you’re carry on only. You can control your bag and know it’s not getting tossed around. Mugs made it home fine. Now I’m shipping them to AZ (Christmas gift for DB and DSiL) and hope they make it safely there as well.

2 Likes

I love getting things from the World that don’t always scream Disney, but are unique enough that people ask where it came from!

3 Likes

No Disney transport bc at Swan, dont want to waste a min getting checked bags. I think Ill bring an extra back pack for my loot!

2 Likes

Good morning on this wacky Wednesday!:blush: Since finding this thread I have been obsessively stopping at my local thrift store to look for mugs I definitely don’t need but can’t pass up at 99c!! So Pluto came home with me yesterday :rofl::rofl:

13 Likes

It’s beginning to look :eyes: a lot like Christmas…,

13 Likes

More holiday. Happy Thanksgiving :turkey::maple_leaf: US

14 Likes

Oh, that’s really nice.

2 Likes

I love that one!

2 Likes

Oh, I need this mug!

Love this mug.

Your placemats remind me of the upholstery on the dining room chairs at OKW