Movies to watch before Harmonius

I had a list of movies to watch before the Disney trip and we’ve been working through that. I added Coco because I heard it mentioned as being a part of the Harmonious show. Any others I should add to the list?

DS and I did this before our 2020 trip - he had only seen the more recent movies prior to that (shame on me). Disney+ had just dropped a few months prior to our WDW arrival, so it was great timing and our movie nights made DS a hardcore fan leading up to the trip. Such a fun way to manage the anticipation and then experience those happy moments from the kiddos when they get excited about something they see in the parks from one of their favorite movies! What is your current list?

This is the list I created from various blog posts. I don’t how many of these are actually needed for WDW. Some are obvious, like Avatar. But, I don’t know why Wreck-It-Ralph is on there. Good movie and we’d already seen it, so I don’t mind.

101 Dalmatians
Aladdin
Alice in Wonderland
Beauty and the Beast
Big Hero 6
Brave
A Bug’s Life
Cars (All
Cinderella
Coco
The Country Bears
Dinosaur
Dumbo
Finding Nemo
Finding Dory
Frozen – all
Guardians of the Galaxy
Haunted Mansion
The Incredibles 1
The Incredibles 2
Indiana Jones
Inside Out
Lady and the Tramp
Lilo and Stitch
Lion King
The Little Mermaid
Fantasia
Fantasia 2000
Three Musketeers (Mickey Mouse version
Mary Poppins
Meet the Robinsons
Mickey’s House of Villains
Monsters Inc
Mulan
Muppets
Peter Pan
Pinnocchio
Pirates of the Caribbean
Pochahontas
Princess and the Frog
Ratatouille
Robin Hood
Snow White
Song of the South (Laughing place reference in Splash Mountain)
Star Wars – All
Star Wars: Clone Wars
Swiss Family Robinson
Tangled
Three Caballeros
Tinkerbell Movie
Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn
Tomorowland
Tower of Terror
Toy Story series
Twilight Zone
Up
Winnie the Pooh ( and maybe Christopher Robin)
Wreck it Ralph
Vampirina (Disney channel show)

That’s an extensive list! So fun to have movie marathons leading up to a trip. If you haven’t seen Muppets Haunted Mansion that would be a fun one to add. There is some humor based on the ride experience itself which feels like an inside joke after riding it. The same is true of Jungle Cruise. I noticed Sleeping Beauty is missing from the list but I can’t recall if that IP is well represented nowadays (I mostly remember it from the parade and meet and greets) at WDW. Some of the shorts with the fab 5 and Chip and Dale would be good too. I like the Mickey and the Beanstalk movie and it’s fun to see the theming in Sir Mickey’s after watching it. As far as the nighttime shows, there is music from Moana, Jungle Book, Hercules, and Hunchback of Notre Dame so it may be worthwhile to add those (they’re all so good too!) if recognizing the music is important to your traveling party. We saved a few movies that didn’t have much WDW representation for after our trip (to help with the post Disney blues). If you’re pressed for time, there are some that you could definitely remove from your pre trip viewing priority and save for post trip real world re-entry. DS and I also made a playlist as we went through the movies and have added music from attractions and the parks themselves as time has marched on and we really enjoy listening and singing along together.

This is good to know. “Moana, Jungle Book, Hercules, and Hunchback of Notre Dame”

We’ve watched all but the last one anyway. So, I’ll add Hunchback to the list.

1 Like