@Mousematt’s Striking The Hot Iron encore — now featuring final thoughts

I was just wondering last night if other countries do this stupid time change. I’m watching the conversations in Congress at the moment to see if they’ll finally get rid of it.

Thanks for bringing us along! I’ll try to post more than last trip.

3 Likes

I think we begin ours earlier. We may end it later, too. I hate DST with a passion akin to the heat of the raging sun.

4 Likes

I’m so excited to follow @sanstitre_has_left_the_building through another trip!

1 Like

The beginning of your trip means we’re one step closer to meeting up next week! I don’t wish for that time to come quickly because I want you to have a relaxing and enjoyable trip. But I’m looking forward to it. :wink:

13 Likes

We don’t change till the end of March in the UK. We were supposed to be stopping the time changes but I don’t think we are anymore.

2 Likes

Question

Which of these is more likely to work: Uber to BW to drop off all my luggage for the day, to be picked up that night for my transfer to UOR, or Uber to Swan, ditto.

In other words, which is most likely to let me in, and which is most likely to take my bags without asking questions.

Acceptable answers including suggesting BC or YC.

Also, I am willing to bump and run an ADR to get in.

ETA: I just booked a TAF breakfast.

5 Likes

Swan for sure is easier. TaF is yummy though so why not eat?

2 Likes

Swan will let you drop off/pick up luggage without a reservation?

My off-site hotel offers free breakfast.

3 Likes

I’ve honestly never been asked for much information other than checking in or out when I’ve checked my bags anywhere. I always just say checking out so they leave it somewhere easily accessible.

4 Likes

I’ve just spent a bunch of time doing detailed walk-throughs of my days, primarily to nail down the working aspect. Thank goodness for inflight WIFI.

I normally teach two hours, then have a half hour break, then do two more hours. It occurred to me that half an hour was probably not enough time in a hotel to have a wee and get a snack so I ballooned it to 45 mins and then messaged my students to reschedule.

The plan is this:

First MK morning — Uber to CR (bump and run S71 ADR), drop off bag, head to MK for a couple of hours, back to CR, pick up bag, find a spot to work, possibly the Outer Rim.

Second MK morning — As above, but after picking up my bag from CR, take the boat to WL, then find a spot to work, probably that area on the fourth floor.

EP morning — Uber to Swan, drop off bag at EP locker, couple of hours at EP, then off to BW, find a spot to work, probably Belle Vue lounge.

AK morning — Uber to AK, drop off bag in locker, couple of hours at AK, bus to CSR, find a spot to work, probably Barcelona bar.

When I’m at UOR, I’ll take advantage of Early Entry and walk to and from IOA. I’ll work in my hotel room as it’s a Skyline View room and should be nice to work in.

10 Likes

I’m confused then on why you’d need to check a bag then if you’d already have had breakfast at your offsite hotel?

Because I will have checked out of my off-site hotel. After a full day at WDW, I’ll be headed to UOR. I don’t want to have to go back to my first hotel to pick the bags up from there.

3 Likes

I’m impressed you can work in those environments vs a quiet hotel room. Kudos to concentration!
(I may be on ADD spectrum though)

3 Likes

For the second MK morning, you will need to walk/monorail from CR to MK, then take the boat from MK to WL. The CR-WL-FtW boat has not yet resumed operation. Just making sure you are aware of this.

6 Likes

That’s good intel. And changes everything. I may as well use the MK lockers and cut CR out of the deal.

How often do the MK-WL boats run?

1 Like

I don’t know “how often”, but they run continuously, back and forth all day and evening. Hopefully someone else can answer that.

2 Likes

I thought they were supposed to run every 30-45 min but we’ve waited much longer than that. It might be quicker to take the bus to WL from the MK instead.

1 Like

Landed :flight_arrival:

17 Likes

My view:

22 Likes