Mousematt’s Epic North American Adventure — Now Featuring Final Thoughts

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

You are just a baby! Happy early birthday to you! It’s in October, right? The best month for birthdays!

3 Likes

aww thanks! Yes it is in Oct!

I’m glad someone is going to be properly nice to me today.

Lol

3 Likes

Real debate… are frosting and icing the same thing? Because I put icing on cinnamon rolls, but frosting on cake and they are definitely not the same thing. Or are they? Either way neither is whipped cream.

4 Likes

:popcorn::popcorn::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Yes! Frosting and Icing are the same just called different things depending on where you live and who you are

Lol.

Unless you’re @sanstitre_has_left_the_building and I and you make up random stuff on the sly.

3 Likes

But are they though?

" In broad terms, frosting is thick and fluffy, and is used to coat the outside (and often the inner layers) of a cake. Icing is thinner and glossier than frosting, and can be used as a glaze or for detailed decorating."

I mean, it comes from the Queen of these sorts of things…

Let the debate begin below in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…

9 Likes

I mean you’re not wrong.

But I mean….I also realize most people don’t realize the difference. :wink:

And generally the ingredients are the same.

But oh god I do love a good iced petit four. Mmmmmmmmmmmm

3 Likes

Ok I agree with this 100%. Maybe frosting can be a type of icing. Or vice versa. Or neither. Omg I don’t know!

3 Likes

Yeah now I just want cake. :birthday:

4 Likes

I always thought it was regionalisms - I’ve never heard anybody say frosting, only icing.

2 Likes

They are both snacks, so…

9 Likes

Blah blah Disney blah blah THE PEOPLE WANT DETAILS ON THE TORONTO LEG OF THE TRIP!

8 Likes

Honestly, I’m just stirring the pudding here…

but not the pudding as @sanstitre_has_left_the_building knows it…

Ooops, I’ve gone and done it again!

9 Likes

New travel rules to be announced tomorrow @sanstitre_has_left_the_building

2 Likes

Ugh

• The green and amber lists will be merged to form one category of low-risk countries, while the number of destinations on the red list will be reduced, reports PA Media.

Well that’s probably good, then. They’re not going to put the US in the high-risk category.

• There is also speculation that fully vaccinated people arriving in the UK will no longer need to take a pre-departure lateral flow test prior to their flight, or a post-arrival PCR test.

Well that’s very good news.

• The changes, which could save individual travellers up to £100 each, would come into force ahead of the half-term break at the end of October.

Oh FFS :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I’ve got to work in a few minutes. I’ll be back later.

1 Like

It is stressing me out that the success of this trip — in which I am ever more emotionally invested — is dependent on the cooperation of three different national governments and my passing three separate COVID tests. I’m fully vaccinated, so I’m not worried about catching COVID per se, but if I do catch it at any stage, my plans are in ruins. Again.

3 Likes

I think “ahead of” is the more important qualifier here. As in before the break and the break is at the end of October. Wouldn’t that be good for your middle to end of month return?

2 Likes

I agree with this…I do not put sugar in my whipped cream as I whip it myself. So when I make waffles, I whip just the heavy whipping cream, cut up some strawberries and that is all I put on my waffles, no syrup, no sugary whipped cream. There is some sugar in the waffle batter and strawberries have sugar and that’s enough for me.

5 Likes