MouseGirl’s Serially Dopey Aventures, vol 6

Good morning! Once again I will be chronicling my adventures, enroute to my 6th Dopey Challenge medal.

This trip is perhaps the least planned I’ve done on a WDW trip in my adult life. I know how I’m getting to the World, I know where I’m staying, and I know how many days are on my park ticket. Beyond my race schedule, that’s it.

Join me and see what we find!

Oh, and here’s a proof of life to show that I’m at the airport this morning.

39 Likes

Safe travels!!!

5 Likes

It will be fun to experience WDW a different way! BTW your hair has really grown since I last saw it!

5 Likes

Have a great time!

4 Likes

Have a great race! So glad I got back on this week and get to catch another great trip report!

5 Likes

Looking forward to following along

4 Likes

Yay! On your way!

3 Likes

Wow, this is inspiring! I have a huge mental block stopping me from committing to a marathon…let alone a Dopey!

Travel Safe and have a successful Dopey run.

I will say hello if I see you Saturday on the half-marathon course

5 Likes

Arrived at MCO! Time to claim the luggage and make my way to not-so-Disney’s less-than-magical non-express.

That means I gotta pick up my rental car. :rofl:

15 Likes

Looking forward to following along!

3 Likes

Safe travels! Your hair has gotten so long–I love it!
I think you’ll fun have being solo and just doing what you feel like.

2 Likes

I actually find having a rental car magical. Guess I’m weird.

2 Likes

So, time for an update. I’ve finally found my way to the World, and am having a late lunch at Landscape of Flavors.

Interesting troubles at the AoA gate: they’re restricting parking at AoA to registered guests only - everyone else is being told to come via skyliner. Just wanting to eat lunch will not get you in the gate.

Like everything at WDW, it seems to depend upon the cast member. I tried Pop next in hopes of walking across the bridge - and while they have the same announcement on a sign at the gate (parking for guests only), the guard at Pop let me park to have lunch. Naturally I walked across the bridge and went to AoA anyway!

While I agree with @Dreamer that having a car can be magical, here’s my lesson learned for this trip: the discount rental places you find on the big reservation websites…you get what you pay for. Including the possibility for sticker shock, and lost time. Lesson learned… the big chains would have been far quicker, and possibly actually cheaper. Oh well.

Bonus question for the crew: guess what quintessentially Disney item I forgot to bring with on the trip.

If you said ‘Magic Bands’, you’re right! Though I have a fair collection, I forgot to pack any of them. Guess I’m getting a new band this trip after all! :rofl:

All for now. Probably wander a bit this afternoon… where should I consider for dinner?

13 Likes

Sorry about the car rental experience. I tend to get good rates from Costco and rent from Alamo or National.
Will you be wanting dinner in a park? Are you planning on hopping on the Skyliner from AoA?

1 Like

No parks today. Which only restricts things slightly around here, LOL.

That said, I don’t have anything to wear nicer than jeans and a t shirt. Which I think means that a Flying Fish dinner is technically out.

4 Likes

DS has lots of good dinner options.

4 Likes

True statement. But what should I pick?

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing!

2 Likes

For QS I would pick D-Luxe for burgers or Polite Pig for barbecue. I love Homecomin’ and they have a bar–not sure if you can order from the menu but if it’s possible that would be my pick.

2 Likes

And now I’m off on the skyliner to visit CB - the resort I tend to consider “home”. Hoping its charm is still there and I’ll be glad to go back next trip.

5 Likes