Mount Rushmore of Dining

I think the same thing happened to me with Narcoossee’s. It had been a really bad day at MK and I was tired and stressed. It was still good, but compared to the 6 other signatures I had already been to that trip it was kind of lackluster in both food and service. View of Wishes was great, however…

1 Like

Haven’t done many table service so mine are limited to mostly counter service. In no particular order:

1- Tangierine Cafe - YUM
2- Trails End - Fried chicken like my grandmas and real sweet tea!
3 - Sunshine Seasons
4 - Yak and Yeti

Trying several places this time including Sanaa and Ohana.

1 Like

Tried trails end on a whim last time. Loved it. The trip before we had gotten a box of chicken and fixin’s to take over to Chip n Dale’s Campfire SingaLong. Trails End did not disappoint.

1 Like

Mine is about the food/experience. There are many places that I haven’t tried yet - CG and HBD are next on the to-do list. I also haven’t tried any of the AKL restaurants. Although given my group this time, I won’t be hitting them in February.

1. The Wave. We wandered in there without reservations one day for lunch, and it was so good. We went back for breakfast. It is under the radar but I think some of the best food.

2. O’Hana Breakfast. I like breakfast! I love to go out to breakfast, and I guess I waste a lot of good touring time eating breakfast. Everything was good. I enjoy a “buffet” where I don’t have to actually get up from my table. The juice is fantastic as well as the pastries. It is a beautiful room and the characters were great.

3. The Plaza. I feel like The Plaza champion. I rave about it every time it gets mentioned. The food is just sandwiches, but sometimes you feel like a well made Reuben. That is brought to you by a server. It is a good value and I really enjoy the break. MK is my favorite park but the dining options are slim. Plus - milkshakes!

4. Le Cellier. It has been good the few times I have been there. I am also a sucker for soup and the cheese soup is amazing. It is amazing even when it is as hot as the surface of the sun outside.

OK - I just re-read my post and I seem like a lazy person who is stuffing pastries and soup in her mouth! :smile:

3 Likes

The only Signature Restaurant I’ve tried is Le Cellier, so I expect that my top 4 would change if I had eaten at more restaurants over the years! I considered food and ambiance about equally here.

1. Best ambiance - Le Cellier (the food is stellar as well)
  2. Best food - Sanaa (the ambiance is pretty sweet too!)
  3. Best Counter Service food - Sunshine Seasons, both breakfast and lunch,
  4. Best CS “vibe” - Columbia Harbor House

(I really wanted to choose The Plaza…but it didn’t quite make it!)

1 Like

@LaurenB I love a well made Rueben and they are hard to find. I understand the Grand Flo has a good one too in the cafe (don’t remember the name and too lazy just now to look it up.) I’ve had the Plaza on my list several times but it’s always been one of the first to drop out if changes get made. Maybe this time…

I’ve also heard very good things about the Wave, which was on our list, like the Plaza, but dropped out when changes happened.

2, 3, 4 - Yes, yes and yes. The only reason 1 isn’t a yes is I have yet to eat there. Maybe someday…I am a steak person.

1 Like

Tangierine Cafe so much yum!

2 Likes

[quote=“LaurenB, post:64, topic:9466”]
Plus - milkshakes[/quote]

I enjoy dining at the Plaza solely for the milkshakes. Anything else I ingest is just because it isn’t socially acceptable for me to order a milkshake with a side of another milkshake.

4 Likes

It is in MY society! Ice cream is both an entree and a dessert!!

2 Likes

best part of the Disney dining plan? Getting a PB&J milkshake as a drink at 50’s and getting the brownie sundae for dessert. No, I wasn’t bold enough to get a second milkshake

4 Likes

I had so much trouble deciding!

1. Flying Fish Cafe - cheese plate, Mac and cheese, potato gratin, potato crusted red snapper, scallops with risotto, and a chocolate pudding dessert were all amazing over several trips, excellent service even/especially when dining solo
  2. Garden View Tea Room - Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian - felt special, loved everything in the Grand Tea, been 3 times, whole family including brother liked it
  3. Tangerine cafe - loved the salads, veggie plate, family members loved meat too (I preferred veggie stuff even though I eat meat)
  4. Artist Point - been 4 times. Always great. Last year I was slightly disappointed in service…I was solo and the waiter rind of rushed me, buffalo was great, dessert was great

Other good items include mushroom soup at Raglan Road and Sommerfest’s sauerkraut, apple strudel and grapefruit beer but the restaurants themselves didn’t place in my top 4 because the were just bites I enjoyed compared to a whole meal several different times. Love the huge chocolate glazed donut too. Had it Epcot, saw it in typhoon lagoon too. I’m a foody, in case you couldn’t tell :wink:

3 Likes

We did AP in November. Food was good, not great. Service was excellent. I’ve got CG on the list for the next trip.

@michellemoore56 I’ve tried exactly zero of your Mount Rushmore. I guess I’d best get busy!!

Lol! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We went for the first time for DD25’s b-day and at her request. It was a great night and a good memory. But…DH and I don’t have it on out plans for our trip in March. So, yeah, I get it

I think The Plaza is a good value, Disney wise and a very nice break from a crowded park with a pleasant atmosphere and even better service. But, on the food? I had the reuben…DH from NYC, me from Philly, don’t go there for a reuben. It was fine, all of the food was, but not stellar at all. But we had a nice dinner and WIshes was great afterwards…all good and a great evening!

1 Like

Ok… Here’s my must do restaurants. There are many favorites, but these four do it right every time. And it’s not just about the food, these four have excellent service.

• Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria
    If we only get to eat at one restaurant when we visit, it is this one. It has one of the best pizzas, hand down anywhere. I am one of four chefs in my family and we all agree!
  • 'Ohana
    The Polynesian Village Resort ( so glad they went back to the original name) is our favorite resort. Dinner at 'Ohana after big day at the Magic Kingdom makes me truly appreciate every thing Disney.
  • The Hollywood Brown Derby
    We always do lunch here. The service is excellent here. When we are fighting the crowds at DHS, it is nice to have a late lunch and slow things down a bit. From a culinary point of view, it is in the top two ranking in my opinion. Bit of advice, don’t share a bottle bubbly and then go ride Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster.
  • Sunshine Seasons
    Best counter service in all the parks. Lets face it, we all eat junk food when we are at WDW. This is a refreshing change from most of disney’s fast food.
    -Honorable Mentions-
  • California Grill
    This place is amazing. It takes the number one spot from culinary point of view. Best place to watch Wishes. The price tag is the only reason that it is not in my top Four.
  • Biergarten restaurant
    We always have lots of fun here. You share tables with other guests. It takes you out of your comfort bubble. And once are all half done with our biers, we are all friends with one thing in common. We love Disney!
3 Likes