Motion Sickness

Trader’s Joe has the ginger chews, but it looks like every place that sells herbal supplement (CVS, Target, Sprouts) sells ginger capsules. My quick Amazon investigation revealed at least 10 brands!

What do you all think of Toy Story Mania? I want to try that one when we go, but I’m worried about the “spinning” tag on the ride. Buzz Lightyear hasn’t been an issue.

TSMM is not a problem for me. The moving is minimal when looking at the 3D screen and the spinning is not that bad. Nowhere close to teacups or carousel.

1 Like

I get motion sickness (dizzy, vertigo feeling) and just got the relief band to try on our trip in just a few days. It sends a little vibrating pulse to your wrist and has gotten good reviews. I tried it out in the car while DH was driving and I read things off my phone - something I could never do for more than a minute without feeling dizzy and it worked! I’ll report back after our trip!

2 Likes

I bought the ginger gum from amazon and the capsules at walgreens drug store.

Digize, peppermint. You can buy motioneaze at walmart too to apply behind the ears

Peppermint can work wonders for motion sickness. Put a drop on your thumb and press it into the roof of your mouth. It’s strong and nasty but it works.

I may need to try this. Thanks for the idea.

I also just ordered one! I can’t wait to try it… I hope it helps. I’m especially hoping it helps on rides like FoP and star tours, which typically make me pretty queasy.

Essential oil, in case that wasn’t implied! I don’t think a regular peppermint stick would cut it! :smile:

Closing my eyes helps me on the rides that have screens that don’t match the movement exactly (like Star Tours).

Bonine is your friend. Also the SeaBand wrist thingies help me too.

Expedition Everest makes me sick unless I ride in the front, and then it’s my favorite roller coaster.

Tea cups are a hard pass for me.

I’m definitely going to find some ginger gum for my next trip.

I knew it was the essential oil. We use peppermint oil all the time! Just not for motion sickness. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve only had to use it once…it was on this awful bus ride through the Caucasus to Georgia…the roads are so windy and just horrible…my DD actually threw up. I felt horrible the whole time but the peppermint oil did help. So now you know another usage for it! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nope Tate closing my eyes us not enough for simulators for me especially Mission Space Orange. I stumbled out to a bench and laid down. Some how I was lucky enough not to puke but part of me wished I would to feel better. I had to lay on that bench for a long time to get my bearings and I felt like crap all day!