Mother/Daughter Trip of (Mostly) Firsts

Yes, there he is! We love him!

4 Likes

@Minnie27mouse I was going to say … unpopular opinion maybe … I love the Castle colors now that all the 50th embellishments have been added! I wasn’t a huge fan before, but I love it now. I’m sorry you are still not a fan!

2 Likes

Feeling a ton better. I think I was dehydrated. Dd took great care of me, plying me with cup after cup of ice water.

… at Test Track. Haven’t ridden this in a very long time. It kept going down in 2018 when we were last here.

6 Likes

I was going to reply to another post by someone about the Castle colors. I did not care for either color in the photos I saw.

In real life I didn’t mind them at all. I still think those colors have something to do with the projections. Or maybe more accurately, the type of paint might manage the reflections better.

1 Like

Seated at our table at La Hacienda de San Angel.

We checked in at 8:45 for our 9:00pm ADR. There was a sign on the host stand stating that they could not guarantee window seating for the fireworks… I smiled, pointed at the sign, and said… I know you can’t guarantee a fireworks view but it would be great if we could see them from our table. :grin:

Apparently I am one of the few people that have actually read the sign.

They sat us right next to the window. This is our (very dark) view!

11 Likes

Holy Crap, Harmonious is really good … although not as good as Illuminations. Someday doesn’t even come close to the power and emotions of We Go On.

… but, in person (and I never saw it on line) Harmonious is a solid nighttime park experience.

Dd LOVED it.

The view from La Hacienda is excellent (and the food has been delicious).

I will look through my photos and post. Need to finish dinner!

9 Likes

This one was my favorite photo (I was too busy watching to take that many). Note the two ducks just right of center near the bottom. They were just chilling through the entire show.:grin:

It was a great spot to watch Harmonious. The projections were displayed on the sides of all the water tacos … so as long as you can see one or two you should be fine.

Dd really liked one of the effects during Coco where the tacos displayed a guitar and the “strings” stretched between them using lasers.

11 Likes

Bags were checked and we were in the MK bus line at Pop by 7:30. The line is very loooooong. I don’t think we are getting on the bus that just arrived… but probably the next one. There is at least another bus or two behind us.

5 Likes

Four single buses and one double bus pulled up. Almost at the same time.

5 Likes

I took a picture of the ducks enjoying Epcot Forever when I was there. They clearly enjoy whatever night time show Disney puts on for them :joy:

Enjoy your day at MK!!

7 Likes

Checked in for breakfast…

10 Likes

This looks perfect! Curious are there bad seats in this restaurant to see fireworks or does everyone at least see these windows, even if not at the window? Never been, thanks for any intel!

1 Like

We were right against the window, but there were decent views from most of the restaurant. There is an entire wall of windows looking out over the lagoon, so nothing would be awful.

Dd agrees.

There was a couple sitting in a booth near us and a few people from another table got up to stand next to the window. The couple in the window was having none of that and everyone promptly sat back down at their table.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info! Sounds like a good option!

On DME after a full/busy morning at MK. Will relax at the airport waiting for our evening flight.

7 Likes

Home safe and sound and thankful for an uneventful travel day.

Hoping to get a chance to wade through all the photos and write some more about the trip this weekend.

Jumping right back into work right away. Re-entry will be challenging.

(I had to edit the last sentence as I apparently fell asleep while typing it last night! :crazy_face:)

11 Likes

So it has been 26 days since we have been home and I have FINALLY downloaded/uploaded all of my pictures from my phone and PhotoPass. Dd still needs to give me hers, but I will add any good ones later as needed. To be fair, I was gone for 12 days and between work (where I am the only one in my role) and home (multiple school issues for ds), I had a lot of catching up to do!

I will try and break up the days a bit in logical ways and give some basic info w/ the photos. Over the next few days I will pull together summaries of our resorts, meals, and other random stuff.

6 Likes

Thursday, September 30th
Dd and I drove up from the Tampa airport. My timeline was thrown off by an hour due to her plane being delayed. I used it wisely to run to Publix and grab some drinks.

Our room at the Poly was lovely. We were in Tokelau, room 2946. I had requested 3948 so we could see the castle from the room…but this worked as well!

I am not sure if the room had been refurbished or not, but it was definitely not updated w/ the Murphy bed. Dd (5’4" tall) slept on the pull down trundle and found it very comfortable.

![PXL_20210930_202925467.LS_exported_90|666x500]

We dropped off the car at the Car Care Center, and then made our way to MK (the rental office dropped us off at the TTC).

First stop was guest services to upgrade to my AP!

First sight of Main Street since July of 2018!

Our mandatory photo of dd and I at Cindy’s Well. I posted this w/ an explanation on 9/30 that dh gave me my engagement ring at Cindy’s Well so we always take pictures there every trip. Dd and I texted these shots to dh. :slight_smile:

The original plan was to do everything in Tomorrowland so we wouldn’t have to do it on our full MK day. The park was closing at 8pm and we didn’t get into the park and to Tomorrowland until 6:30pm. As we walked into Tomorrowland, there was a sign that it would be closing at 7pm that night. So we pivoted and just did Space Mountain. We were also able to do 7DMT, Haunted Mansion, and Small World (my favorite!!).

After our short amount of time at MK, we took the boat launch back to the Poly and met dd’s friend for dinner at O’Hana. I took zero pictures of our food, but it was delicious! There was far too much of it and we sent the leftovers home w/ dd’s friend.

10 Likes

PhotoPass from 9/30 at MK

9 Likes

Friday, October 1st

We had an amazing day at Animal Kingdom. Since everyone else seemed to be at MK or EPCOT, AK was empty and we walked on everything, all day long. It was actually exhausting because we weren’t stopping at all…just walking from ride to ride and then walking all the way through the queues w/o stopping.

We stared by rope dropping ETPE did FOP, Na’vi, the Safari, breakfast EE (2x), Kite Tails, Dinosaur, Feathered Friends show, and lunch at Yak & Yeti. Dd rode EE 2 more times while I did Tough to be a Bug, and then we caught Lion King and did the Safari again

Dd managed to lose her wallet somewhere between the main stores at AK just before leaving the park and our room at the Poly. This added some stress towards the end of the day and messed up our afternoon at DHS the following day, but Disney found it quickly and we were able to pick it up at lost and found.

I got the special anniversary drink at Y&Y and the fancy, plastic, glass (which I brought home), lit up and changed colors! The drink was good too! :slight_smile:

I ordered the special that day which was delicious fish. There was some work dealing w/ the bones, but otherwise an excellent meal. Dd got sweet and sour chicken and she really enjoyed it. Our dessert was fried wontons. There was cream cheese inside them and the skewers had pineapple and strawberries. The sauce was amazing and the vanilla ice cream was very good too.

10 Likes