Mother/Daughter Trip of (Mostly) Firsts

In Frontierland near Country Bear Jamboree. The atore there is all pins.

1 Like

We are up early. Today we switch from the Poly to Pop.

Yesterday I rope dropped early entry, and left at 10pm after the fireworks.

Dd met me in the park after 2pm.

We had a great day and did almost everything we wanted to. Dinner at LTT was delicious.

We stayed up late packing everything. Plan is to have all our stuff at bell services by 7am and catching the bus to DHS by 7:30.

I asked some logistical questions another thread about timing for today’s visit to Disney Springs to pick up dd’s wallet, and recommended order of attack of the six big rides.

I went to sleep late (dd was less than motivated to pack), woke up early, and didn’t sleep great (worried about getting up & out on time), … so I am hoping our full day at DHS doesn’t kill me!

I owe a lot of pictures from the last couple of days… but here are a few to tide you over. :sunglasses:

15 Likes

New Crocs!

10 Likes

Left the room late, but checked the bags and ran for the DHS bus and are on time. :sunglasses:

… and this is why every good planner pads the departure time, especially when dealing with a family with executive function challenges!

6 Likes

Only about 30 yards to the SDD rope!

13 Likes

SDD and MMRR done. Headed to ToT and dd’s favorite coaster.

5 Likes

QS suggestion at Disney Springs?

Didn’t do any research because I didn’t intend to be here and we are hungry. :sunglasses:

Polite pig
Brussel sprouts are yummy

I think I would love it… but dd doesn’t like BBQ.

We do have her wallet back! :grin:

8 Likes

Deluxe Burger
Earl of Sandwich
Blaze

All get great reviews.

3 Likes

She decided on the Chicken Guy

5 Likes

@BGK LOVES that place! Good choice! More donkey sauce!

1 Like

Haha my DH eats bbq and I eat the vegetables

1 Like

lines were loooooong everywhere

we ended up at Amorette’s

We are having strawberry crepes, w/strawberry slushies for lunch and sharing a salted caramel eclair for dessert

I thought about a ham sandwich, but the crepe looks amazing

6 Likes

Watching my lunch being made…

4 Likes

11 Likes

Our Uber driver was completely lost. He went through the regular car gate at DHS and they told him he was in the wrong place. He took multiple wrong turns and we ended up wandering aimlessly around property looking for a Buses Only entrance. :slightly_frowning_face:

At one point we ended up near MK.

It took well over 30 minutes to get from DS to DHS.

Coming up…Walt Disney’s Dream, Frozen Sing Along, Muppets, Star Tours, Beauty and the Beast then dinner at Sci Fi

After dinner we will spend some long awaited time in Galaxy’s Edge!

6 Likes

OMG!!! How have I never seen the Frozen sing a long before. We LOVED it!!!

… and I am so impressed with the sign language interpreters.

Beauty & the Beast (dd’s favorite princess movie) then dinner.

Got our room assignment from Pop a few hours ago, it is the mirror of the exact room I requested… so perfect!

13 Likes

I have no words. We both loved ROTR. We rode it once, raced across GE to do Smugglers Run, then came back and rode ROTR again before the park closed. Now waiting for our Oga’s ADR.

10 Likes

I truly love bell services at Pop.

We left the Poly this morning at 7:30am after dropping off our bags with bell services there.

We spent the entire day at DHS with the exception of our side trip to Disney Springs to pick up dd’s wallet from Lost & Found. Our Oga’s ADR was for 9:50pm.

Took the Skyliner to Pop, arriving at 10:45pm. Our room is exactly across the Hippy Dippy pool from the room I requested. We stopped to drop off our stuff on our way to pick up the bags, opened the door, and all of our bags were already there.

I almost cried with happiness.

Tomorrow is our EPCOT day so we get an extra hour before early entry kicks as compared to the last three. Although, I still need to be up to try for a Remy boarding group.

11 Likes