Mosquito Repellent

We’ve been to Orlando three times in the past and have never had any trouble with mosquitoes. But now that the zika virus thing is happening down there, should we bring repellent? We’re two adult males so the zika virus and pregnancy are not an issue.

I also understand they have mosquito repellent stations in the parks. Is that enough or should we carry our own?

Unless you are expecting a medical miracle then you won’t need to worry about it. Nearly all of the buzz about Zika around Florida is preventative anyways.

I certainly wouldn’t bother bringing any. I read that there are locations around the parks, and I read some posts about it even being put in rooms.

Are you staying onsite? Two weeks ago they had spray in the bathroom as well as in the parks.

I don’t think you need to bring any.

There was a can of Off Deep Woods in our room at Pop. We didn’t use it. There were kiosks around each and every park. We never approached them.

We came home - again - bite free. I don’ tknow how they do it, but somehow Disney manages to keep the buggers away

1 Like

When are you going? We have been the past five years in November/December and none of us (2 adults, 2 kids) have ever had a single bite, and that says a lot because my poor daughter is a mosquito magnet, lol. I think it’s less of a concern that time of year in general.