More reliable crowd calendar?

Hey guys, does anyone actually know which crowd calendar is the most reliable for individual parks ? I am currently comparing undercover tourist and TP for 2-8 March and there are some pretty big differences. For example, UT tells me to pick HS and avoid MK on March 4th but TP tells me the exact opposite (HS CL 8 vs MK CL 6).

I am working on my preliminary TPs right now but I can’t stop second guessing myself about which park to choose for each day so I make absolutely zero progress LOL

Thanks ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

My first go-to for best accuracy is actually the 1 year ago CL’s. Adjusting for the day of week, of course.

5 Likes

I use crowd calendars more as a rule of thumb than anything, but in general I cannot believe that Undercover Tourist or most other reseller sites are doing number crunching anything like TP.

7 Likes

LOL if that’s accurate that’s great news for me !!! Much better !!! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Very good point.

TP has been overpredicting CL’s and admitted to favoring overpredicting vs. underpredicting. Just like Disney does with wait times, TP would rather keep people from getting upset with them to a minimum.

3 Likes

Really ? Well that is GREAT news. I’ve been over-selling this 1st week of March to my wife a little bit hahaha. I needed a Disney trip more than her so she needed a little convincing. I might have said that week was going to be exceptional… :lying_face:

4 Likes

The week of 2/26 will be the lowest crowds. Your week will gradually get busier, when some schools begin spring break and they start arriving.

The weather is usually great that time of year!

3 Likes

Thanks ! I’ve only been twice before and never during winter or spring (mid september and early november). I’m sure the weather will be great to us whatever it is since we will be stuck in ice and snow at home ! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I have 3 kids (12, 5 and 2) and we will do MK, HS and AK twice and EP once. I figured this:

March 2 MK
March 3 HS
March 4 AK
March 5 HS
March 6 AK
March 7 EP
March 8 MK

Tough decisions. It looks like HS is constantly the busier park, I guess because of Star Wars. So I figured I would pick my HS days first, to get it as good as possible and then distribute the rest of the days. For example, March 3rd has the only CL4 of my trip (MK) but I picked HS that day because it is the only day of my trip on which it has a CL lower than 7.

2 Likes

I’m doing HS on March 3rd and AK on March 6th as well :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Cool !!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I honestly didn’t know UT still did crowd calendars. Many, many years ago (2005/2006?) when my Disney obsession began, I had the UT app (crowd calendar and wait times). I then added TP. Looking at them side by side I got very annoyed when UT would report wait times for attractions closed for refurbs.

2 Likes

Wow ok so really NOT reliable lol

1 Like

I don’t know if it has changed. I kept TP and deleted UT years ago!

2 Likes

I’ve been using the Thrill-Data crowd calendars – any insight on whether those are more or less accurate than Touring Plans?

https://www.thrill-data.com/trip-planning/crowd-calendar/resort/wdw/2024

2 Likes

I had looked into that more. It appeared to me that it predicts by date, and doesn’t adjust for day of the week.

4 Likes

The weather will be great! I’ve gone that week. The crowd may be heavy at Epcot for Flower and Garden. Just avoid Friday night and Saturday for Epcot. And predicted 8’s at HS haven’t been uncommon. I do think crowds are decreasing in general at WDW for a variety of factors. And also, what @bebe80 said about the over-predicting is true. And I think the chart I saw had Spring time being the most over predicted in general. So I say you’re safe with minimal crowds. You are going during the week that doesn’t coincide with any big holiday. I think you should be safe from high crowds.

1 Like

And this is a HUGE factor for crowds IMO.

1 Like

Thanks for the positivity, that’s much appreciated !!! :slight_smile:

1 Like