More Hotels Reopening - Port Orleans, All Star Music!

Well my SIL was able to book All Star Music through Expedia at least with free cancellation through Nov. Wonder if a bunch of third party sites bought up large blocks of rooms?

2 Likes

Iā€™ll bet a lot of people are double or triple booked. Iā€™m double booked. I booked 4 night mod split with 3 night dlx and then also a 7 night value until I could offer the quotes to DH, then decide together and cxl the one we donā€™t pick. I know many book their package, put in their time off requests and cancel if they donā€™t get it approved. Best to keep trying.

1 Like

Just seen this AMAZING news posted. :heart:

Popular Port Orleans Riverside ā€˜piano manā€™ entertainer ā€œYe Haaā€ Bob Jackson has just shared via his Sunday weekly livestream show that in answer to everyoneā€™s questions, he hopes to be able to return to his previous nightly sessions at the River Roost Lounge as soon as the stage finally reopens. Apparently his musicianā€™s contract with Disney requires them to offer him his job back if he wants it - and heā€™s just as eager to be back as we are to have him!

While the resort is now known to be re-opening on October 14th, we donā€™t yet know whether the Lounge will be commencing entertainment offerings at the same time - so we might still have to wait a little longer, but at least thereā€™s light at the end of the tunnel.

2 Likes

When I saw these reports on Sunday I will admit I was surprised. It had been reported I. 2019/2020 (?) that he said Disney was not renewing his contract. I think a number of people assumed it was related to a reported issue.

Now, when I do a Google search of him all of the concerning stories are very difficult to find- some key words/background need to be known. The world changes quickly.

I thought not renewing his contract just meant he maybe had a rolling year contract. But Iā€™ve also read that heā€™s playing at the Give Kids the World event in September, so it seems likely Disney has some kind of agreement with him.

Oh my gosh!!! This is phenomenal news! I love Bob but have only ever seen him virtually.

1 Like

Also meant to say that the fact there is live music at CBR or CSR now, canā€™t recall which, gives hope that theyā€™ll bring it back to both the River Roost Lounge and Scats Club.

1 Like

How far has ASMu got with its refurbishment?

No, the rumors about not renewing had to do with some complaints.

Well whatever the complaints were, if Disney have asked him to play at the Give Kids the World event I assume whatever the complaints were have been dealt with then.

Unless Disney donā€™t organise that event of course, in which case who knows? Just reporting what I saw.

Oh, I completely understand. To be transparent I am a woman that grew up in the 60s and 70s. This issue is regarding ā€œme tooā€ and I canā€™t be silent.