Morally questionable FPP question

I just wanted to say…I have enjoyed reading through this thread.

I’ve read about most of Wahoohokie’s “tricks”, and while I personally wouldn’t do any of it, I figure if Disney didn’t want people doing those things, they would close the loopholes!!

I didn’t book the DDP, but I would totally do it that way if I had it!

Hey, you gotta do Disney smart. Although I’m happy everyone keeps going and spending their $$, my stock purchase is looking REALLY smart right about now. LOL

Also, I will add, it seems to be pretty common to book a fake room to book FPs early and then cancel it.

I will also add…at 30-days out before our huge family trip last month, more FP windows opened up and I was able to change all my afternoon FPs to the morning ones I wanted. (because I was lamenting that out Pandora FPs were for 6pm! (got them all switched to the AM)

2 Likes

Thanks, my head hurts. AGAIN! !! I just hope your dog doesn’t bite this 'questionable 'friend. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So I’m new to this. I learned a LOT tonight. BUT, I’m not just a typical tourist who stumbled upon this. I came here specifically seeking an answer to this exact question. I read Disney’s own terms and my own wheels started turning. After looking for nearly eight hours and finding opposite answers to the same questions, I think I finally have my answer. Point is, while I totally get how these Disney hacks can infuriate this community of regulars, I tend to think that this community of regulars is a pretty small slice of the overall visitor pie. BSOM, for example, has all of 302 ratings. TouringPlans owes its entire existence to observing the migratory patterns of the uninformed masses. While it seems like “everyone knows this stuff now!” I assure you that is not the case. If it were the case Disney would squish it right quick.

7 Likes

Well, coming from a Weekday Select Passholder point of view - I have only been able to ride 7 Dwarfs at rope drop and no more than four times since it opened and I go to MK monthly. I have never been able to get on Flight of Passage, and have only gotten on Toy Story Mania once in the last two years. You would not make any difference in whether I got my FPP or not, so I wouldn’t spit at you, but I do get frustrated that I can never get a FP for the newer rides.

I wouldn’t do it if it were me, though. My conscience would get to me, but I’m hyper-conscientious.

That probably didn’t help at all.

@profmatt Since you’ve already opened the floodgates here, I feel more comfortable asking the question. Based on your ‘research’. If I’ve got a throwaway room booked, and it’s not part of a package deal, so I can cancel up to 6 days before my arrival date and I’m within the 30-day window… can I just cancel the reservation and still keep all the FPP that I’ve already acquired?

My understanding and experience is that yes, you can.

1 Like

I have 7 nights booked at AKL. I have decided that rather than stay in a Gatwick airport hotel ( about 3 hours away) the night before I fly and pay for parking and then, returning home, do the return drive after an overnight flight, I am going to fly out a day earlier than originally planned from a local airport and try out the Dublin route. So if I book a value WDW hotel (which is actually cheaper than a Gatwick hotel) for the night before my AKL stay, will my FP window open up for the full 8 days of my stay at WDW at 60 days? Or will I have to wait the extra day for the AKL window to kick in? I will have a 14 day ticket and will link everything on MDE.

@Twynyrodyn It sounds like you have a room only booked, with separate tickets, yes?

If everything is booked separately then your window will open at 60 days before the value room for the whole of your onsite stay (and a rolling 60 day window after that).

If it’s a package you have booked, then you won’t be able to book for the arrival day until you arrive. And your window will probably not open until 60 days before your AKL stay. However it’s possible it will open a day earlier so worthwhile checking.

I have a WDW package including the 7 night stay at AKL, dining and park hoppers for 14 days which I purchased from the WDW site. The first/one night at a WDW value resort I will book separately but again through the WDW site. Sorry for not being clear.

OK. So you can’t book FPs for that arrival day until you actually get there and get the tickets activated early. If you just can’t wait to hit the parks, then you can go to a Guest Services window and ask them to do that!

I went and checked the Split Stay info on DIS, just to make sure of this, because I have only done split stays with room-only not packages.

Your window should open 60 days before the room only day, but only for booking from the start of your package.

This is what Mesaboy2’s post says about split stays:

Two Onsite Stays (Back-to-Back)

Package Stay followed by Room-Only (RO) Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (package) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (RO) stay.

RO Stay followed by Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (RO) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (package) stay. FPs can be booked for the package stay only; FPs cannot be booked for the room-only stay until tickets are activated at Guest Relations.

Two RO Stays. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second stay (and potentially beyond). This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

Onsite Stay followed by Offsite Stay

Onsite Package Stay followed by Offsite Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite package stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite package stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite package checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort.

Onsite RO Stay followed by Offsite Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. This assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

Offsite Stay followed by Onsite Stay

Offsite Stay followed by Onsite Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite package stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite package stay. This booking window will not include the dates of the offsite stay because the package tickets are not considered valid until check-in date of the onsite package stay. The ticket portion of the package can be activated up to 10 days prior of the onsite package check-in date (so that the package tickets can be used during the offsite stay).

Offsite Stay followed by Onsite RO Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the onsite RO stay and will extend until the checkout date of the onsite RO stay. Since the offsite stay precedes the onsite RO stay, this window already includes booking for the offsite stay. Additionally, the booking window will roll forward (a “rolling 60”) each day beyond the onsite RO checkout date until the guest checks out of the onsite resort. All of this assumes valid tickets are linked to the MDX account.

The formatting is c**p thanks to my iPad or my useless editing skills. The info is good.

Thank you for taking the time to set that out.

Well, this is what happened our last trip.

1st 1/2 offsite. 2nd 1/2 onsite. I was surprised to see that I was able to book for 60 days from 1st onsite night, backwards (& forwards for days onsite). So the offsite days became 59, 58, 57, 56 days ahead.

That tells me if I did a “throwaway” disney reservation say Oct 15, I’d be able to have fpps from the 15th backwards.

So I suppose a way to game the system if say staying Oct1-7, is to pretend staying Oct 15, then cancel. I’m not planning to do that, not my thing. But interesting to see how that would work, tho seems to be hurting my head haha.

To each their own. No judgement.

So that split stay you did falls into the last paragraph.

Your proposed solution is to do a room-only for the 15th and an offsite stay from 1st to 7th? That would work. It would work just like your actual stay, but then cancelling the room-only.

1 Like

Oh thanks @Nicky_S. I see that now, once I reread that portion. Head hurts less haha.