Monday, Feb 7th, 2022

I’m trying to figure out why the crowd calendar shows 2/7/2022 with relatively high crowds:

Overall: 7
MK: 7
EP: 6
HS: 9 !!
AK: 7

Other calendars and indicators (single day park ticket price, for example) don’t seem to support these numbers. Is there something happening that I don’t know about?

1 Like

Welcome!

Be aware that these CLs are not definite until about 60 - 45 days out. (Really until about 45 - 30 days) Right now they are just using historical data for 2018 / 2019 / 2020.

Basically, start making your plans and seeing what TP suggests is the best plan. However, know that you’ll “real” plan won’t be ready until about a month out.

I love TP but any CL # that is more than 45 - 30 days out I no longer trust. Wait and see… it’ll fluctuate. TP only updates about 45 - 30 days in advance and copies & pastes the previous year’s historical info into the farther away future dates.

Each crowd calendar has their own way of getting their number. I like to look at multiples to get a better idea of when it is a “slower” time to go. CLs for a specific date aren’t reliable.

FYI – A common misconception about Touring Plans Crowd Levels is that they are an indicator of the number of people in each park. However, they are an indicator of average queue waits at the rides in that park during 11am – 5pm - the peak ride times.

A CL 1 can feel like a CL 4 in terms of park capacity, but the queues may be moving quickly. Conversely, you can be in a CL 9 park that feels like a CL 5 because the streets aren’t packed. However, all the queues are super long.

Welcome!

Those predictions are very similar to the actual historical CL’s on or near that date in 2018, 2019, 2020. So those are normal pre-covid levels for that time of year. Take a look:

https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/historical-crowds

I’m hoping the numbers go down for Sunday, Monday, or both.

I’m feeling more overwhelmed than usual planning this trip, and I’ve gone 1-2 times per year for the last 15 years!

I was a Fastpass whiz, begrudgingly got good at FP+, and now Genie+ just pisses me off. We also have a family member who really needs DAS but gave up on getting one after being denied too many times in recent years. So now I guess I’ll get good at waiting in line and hope my family doesn’t get too crabby.

1 Like

There is a cheer competition right before then. I will be there at the same time as you.

They changed DAS and you do a phone thing before the trip and can pre-book a couple of rides. So, it might be worth another try. At least you will know when you arrive whether or not you have it.