Mom and Son take on WDW, and Splash, Soar, Dash, and Fly Across the World (not to mention eat…)

I’m glad your trip had a magical ending. Thanks for sharing, it has been fab!

2 Likes

love the face time thing with your mom. What a thoughtful gift

2 Likes

glad to see someone else enjoys the pixar films. DH and I were there some of your same days and really loved the films. Your trip report was fabulous

1 Like

It was perfect, even though it was seeming less than perfect for a little while.

1 Like

I was so proud of him. It was fun to watch him. And my mom was so thrilled.

1 Like

I loved all three of them.

1 Like

One quick update. One of the things I did after arriving back in the “real world”, besides writing this trip report is to make a photo book of our trip. I do a lot of scrapbooking, and it’s been one of my hobbies since before DS17 was born. I’ve made several electronic scrapbooks too - mostly for big trips or events. I decided to do an electronic book for this trip. I chose Shutterfly because they have some great Disney embellishments and papers, and I like the quality. It’s also very user friendly, with maybe a tiny learning curb. I’ve used them before for several books. They also often have good coupons. I got this one for 50% off. The book I made is 97 pages, and the biggest size available, and I got some extras too, like a memorabilia pocket, and a package that allows the book to lay completely flat. I’m really happy with how it turned out. I’ll share a handful of pictures of the book below. There are some similarities to the trip report, including using a lot of the text (a little more personalized), and some differences. It definitely helped with my after trip blues…

!

12 Likes

Very cool idea looks like it turned out great, I love the idea of the trip report in physical form. I may have to do something like this after my big family trip next year.

1 Like

It was really fun. You can get as creative as you want, but they also provide lots of great templates that you can use to make it as easy as possible.

We use Shutterfly for our trip books too! Love them! Great way to organize and actually look at the thousands of pictures we take. You can make the book and then wait for a coupon code if there isn’t one available - the book will stay in your account. They almost always have a 50% sale.

2 Likes

This is the first time I’ve used Disney templates for a trip. Have they had those available for a while? I have always been a big proponent of doing books after trips. It’s relatively cheap, when you are thinking about the cost of the entire trip, and having those memories preserved somewhere in an organized accessible way is so nice.

1 Like

I haven’t heard of them until now! My wife puts our books together so I’ll have to let her know so we can use the next time we make one.

1 Like

This looks amazing! I wish I had known Shutterfly had the Disney embellishments. I did our photo book on Snapfish (which I have used for other trips and like a lot) and they didn’t have anything “Disney” I could add in. Now I know for next time!

1 Like

Yeah. I was really happy to find the Disney embellishments. I’ve never tried Snapfish. What do you like about it? I’m interested in checking it out.

I get to give DS17 the photobook tomorrow. I’m so excited to see his reaction.

2 Likes