Modified mousekeeping

I read what Disney posted about the current expectations for Mousekeeping. They do not mention beds being made or linens being changed.
Can someone with recent experience share what level of mousekeeping they received?
(Regular stay, not DVC)

1 Like

From reports they are not touching the beds.

1 Like

Basic refresh of towels, trash emptying, replacing/refilling toiletries and that’s about it.

1 Like

During online check in there is this info:

3 Likes

At the risk of de-railing the thread, if I’m renting DVC points and staying for three nights only does that mean I can expect no mousekeeping during my stay?

Just replenishing towels, taking garbage and security check ins. They do not touch the beds or sweep the floor. We were there the week after Thanksgiving.

No mousekeeping during your stay. They most likely will come in daily, look around, and empty at least the trash in the kitchenette area.

You can also call if you need more coffee/shampoo/cups and plates

Edited to add, sometimes you call about towels and they don’t come. You can always grab towels at the pool.

2 Likes

They made our beds the week after Thanksgiving :woman_shrugging:t2:

Over 14 nights our bedding was changed 6 times, and seemed to be triggered by a request for clean towels. Sometimes they just left clean towels on the nearest surface, but if they put the towels out properly, then we also received clean bedding. The rooms were also lightly cleaned but I generally had to request coffee supplies everyday, although in fairness they arrived within minutes.

Not Dvc.

1 Like

I just had full linens changed, including beds, yesterday in both my rooms.

But he ran out of hand towels and wash cloths.

I’ve been staying in BC cash rooms since the 2nd.

ETA we did not request the linen change.

Wait, I’ve been away for a while. Is normal housekeeping gone? So if I stay club level and pay $750+ per night, I don’t even get my bed made?

2 Likes

Yes and most likely yes.

2 Likes

I see the theme: pay more for less. It’s everything and everywhere Disney now.

4 Likes

Thanks! I was on the fence of not going back until things change for the positive but now I’ve joined the full boycott (assuming there is one). If you see me post in the next year about tentative travel plans please shut me down :wink:

2 Likes

To be fair, I’ve stayed at several non-Disney hotels in the last year and none of them are doing housekeeping. At least Disney is bringing fresh towels and picking up trash.

3 Likes

I stayed CL at Universal in September. To me, that is the comparison. There was full housekeeping (not turn down)…

4 Likes

DH and I stayed at a hotel in Cape May,NJ in April 2021 for 2 nights. That was off season, but the hotel was full due to a wedding. We had full housekeeping.

2 Likes

I was in non-CL at Universal in December and they had full service as well.

4 Likes

For that money you could stay in an airBNB and hire a limo for transportation. Instead of having the sheets changed, you could move to a fresh bed. :slight_smile:

I’ve had every type and level of housekeeping at hotels and motels during the past couple of years. Even at Disney it’s been completely random (and that was on my friend’s DVC points for the 50th) with no rhyme or reason.

My worst experience was at a small family owned hotel at the beach this October. My son threw up on the bed at 11pm. The hotel couldn’t get us a new set of linens (I think it was just a lack of knowledge on the overnight front desk guy’s part). Luckily my kids travel with plush blankets and we were able to salvage the sheets but it was a real yikes moment. This is a place I’ve stayed before and we love but from now on I’m asking for an extra set of bedding at check-in just in case.

2 Likes