Moderate resort pick

We are doing a trip for our daughter in October after we canceled her beach trip for June due to virus. We decided to try CBR but all they had was pirate room. Should we keep or switch? I heard pirate rooms are not great. We normally stay deluxe but opted to save money unless discount is released

We stayed at CBR back when it was new, didn’t really care for it, but we have not been back so my opinion on it is dated. That was the only time that we didn’t stay at a deluxe until this past October when we stayed at POFQ. Absolutely loved the size and convenience of a compact resort.

Pirate rooms are probably fun. We stayed in a Royal room at Riverside and thought it was well done. One difficulty with Pirates is location. They are furthest from the food.

With the Skyliner opening I don’t know how unhandy the location is now.

We’ve stayed twice recently at CBR and once when it first opened. We liked it much better the two recent trips. The trip when it first opened was only our second on property stay. Our expectations may have moderated.

Our first on property stay was at the Poly. After CBR we stayed at Deluxe resorts for many trips - mostly for queen size beds. Probably until we tried the Royal room. We expected a smaller room which might seem even smaller with the switch to queen beds.

Pirate rooms have double/full size beds, not queen size. Years ago all of CBR were just double/full size, but then they upgraded all the rooms to queens. The pirate rooms have special bed frames for the theme, and were not changed, thus they are still double/full size beds.

If you prefer the Deluxe Resorts, I would recommend the Gran Destino Tower at the CSR.

Deluxe quality room at Moderate prices. We liked our stay there better than our Bay Lake view room at the Contemporary. Room was better than the Wilderness Lodge room, but WL is our favorite resort overall.

2 Likes

Our favorite is river view for POFQ. Get a corner room if you can.
It’s the smallest resort and it is great!

Good to know.

I personally do not think that Disney earns the rates that they charge for deluxe. We get up early and leave, then get back late to shower and drop. So i don’t like paying for rooms.

CBR is our go to resort. There twice in 2019, then Jan 2020. Building 55 and 56 Aruba are right by the Riviera skyliner. However the rooms are getting dated; tired carpet and furniture. They’re not terrible, just dated. I probably would not stay at a pirate room. I’d actually do a PREFERED room at Pop or AoA, updated rooms, and on the skyliner. Coronado has also been updated, and brand new Destino tower are moderate, but not on the skyliner.

Haven’t been to Port Orleans, but my adult daughter likes it.

I second this. We typically stay deluxe but very much enjoyed our stay at the Gran Destino. So much so that my son begged me to stay there for our next trip.

2 Likes

We have destino booked for December and are really excited!

Gran Destino at CSR is an incredible Moderate. Also, should you choose, you can get club level there and still qualify for the pilot program for extra FP+ at a cost. Very nice resort.

2 Likes