MNSSHP starts August 9th; tickets on sale May 8

Also saw that the first parade will be earlier “for those with littles”. The early parade was 9:00 last year. I don’t remember when it gets dark that time of the year so how much earlier can it be?

1 Like

Very exciting - can’t wait to get tix on Wednesday!

2 Likes

Does anyone know about the booking process from the UK. Will I have to phone, or will there be an online/app option? I have a horrible feeling I already know the answer but just want to double check!

1 Like

At the end of august dusk is around 8pm per my photos.

In late October that shifts back to a little after 7, per my photos

2 Likes

Here’s a handy-dandy website for checking when it is Twilight (of the varying types) that you can nail down to the exact location and day.

By mid-August civil twilight ends at about 8:20-ish. So I don’t think they could realistically have the parade before that if they want it to be in the dark. Probably closer to 9 is better. So, I guess they could move it up to 8:30 in August.

In September, civil twilight ends around 8:10 early in the month to 7:35 later in the month…so again, moving the parade up to perhaps 8:00 might work.

In October they could probably get away with moving it to 8:00 or perhaps even 7:30.

1 Like

Middle of Sept should be around 8.

The could still start it before actual nightfall. Late Twilight and you still should be able to get some impact from the lights. It wouldnt be as dramatic or “spooky” but I can understand them wanting to do a parade before 9 for the little ones.

I will be at WDW late august, I can choose Tuesday 20th or Friday 23rd. Do you think there is a better day for buying the party tickets? I was waiting for the MNSSHP to release dates to organize my park days. My original plan was to start the first day (sunday 18th) at MK, then on monday probably DHS, and then tuesday MK again, taking advantage of the low crowds on party days, and staying for the party. What is a good option for the day after the party? Maybe Typhoon Lagoon, as the entrance is later?? THANKS!!

1 Like

I think conventional wisdom suggests that the Tuesday parties are slightly lower crowds, unless the date sells out (which many if not most dates eventually do). The capacity is what it is at least in the now times; in the beforetimes it seemed they expanded capacity to accommodate more and more guests but now it seems there’s a hard ceiling on that.

3 Likes

Yeah, I suppose there would be more locals on Friday night…

1 Like

Man, I have “littles” so this would be cool but I hate to spend the money if they can’t stay until the very end…

2 Likes

This is the exact plan for my first 3 days of my trip-same dates. :blush:

2 Likes

This is going to be my first time trying to get tickets for this event. Does anyone know what time on Wednesday I should be online to start ordering?

2 Likes

Anecdotal, but from my personal experience MNSSHP/MVMCP sell outs the past few years feel less crowded than the pre-2020 sell outs.

Yes, do this. The crowds are much lower.

That could make for a very long day. I recommend staying at the party until Midnight because the crowds are much lower from 11:00 pm - Midnight. What time were you planning on arriving at MK? Any breaks?

2 Likes

Welcome!

Unless you’re going to the first party or the one on Halloween - you’ll find that they usually don’t sell out in the first couple of days and you don’t have to scramble to get them right away.
I think last year they went on sale at Midnight…but sometimes things go on sale at 6am?

2 Likes

That’s great! I actually am aiming for the first night (we didn’t plan to go over MNSSHP and this is just lucky timing) so I’ll plan for midnight Wednesday and 6am if there’s no movement then. Thanks !!!

2 Likes

The first parade will be at 8:15pm and the second will be at 11:15pm.

1 Like

Please be warned that this is the night that all the social media people go. The first night is very crowded with people and their cameras out nonstop. Everywhere you turn you’re avoiding a ring light and a person talking to their phone about the texture of the cupcake. Any of the new items will have very long lines.
You can still have a good time!! I just want you to be prepared!

4 Likes

Oh no haha I’m fully aware! It’s just a girl’s trip this time so we’re ready to peace out for Trader Sam’s if someone gets beaned by a selfie stick, lol!

4 Likes

That is an excellent plan B!

1 Like