MNSSHP I wanted to love it

:open_mouth:

2 Likes

Report back on how it goes. Hopefully it’s less crowded b/c the vloggers and bloggers were at the first two parties. Best of luck!

1 Like

Oh my lanta.

2 Likes

We’re going October 31st. Will it be just as busy because its actual Halloween day?

1 Like

Not to scare you, but it’ll probably be busier.

1 Like

Happy I haven’t bought tickets yet! Keeping an eye on the reviews - if I go it will be Sept 22 or 24. Hope crowds lessen.

1 Like

hoo boy. I think I’m sorry I bought tickets …oh well

oh great! I hope I don’t regret buying the tickets. So expensive! And I had to buy for a family of 5.

Could it be that it seems more crowded because everyone is pushing to watch the new firework show towards the hub or on Main Street because of the projections? In the past you could be almost anywhere in MK and see the fireworks?
We have tickets for the party on 9/24 which was rated as the one to be least crowded. I might have been sneaky and bought us tickets for the garden dessert party for the night without the hubby knowing. He has asked about any of the plans so its technically his fault right?

2 Likes

Well at least the prices are a lot cheaper. They go up a lot on Oct 3rd. Also try Undercover Tourist as there prices are even better.

Granted, it’s only been two parties so far, but according to Josh - the person who took this photo - this was the scene all over the park Tuesday night. The first few shows of the season and the last few shows, especially Halloween are the busiest. Plus, a lot of people were there to get the $299 unlimited MNSSHP passes being offered this season. Maybe it’ll calm down, but with that deal a lot of locals are taking advantage of being able to go to WDW all 34 party days for, basically, the price of two nights.

Good to know - but I have an AP, so savings is only $0.81 or $1.28 :rofl: Would be nice if WDW would at least give a better discounts to AP’s than UT :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

OMG PLEASE tell us you’ll write another epic trip report, @JJT!

2 Likes

We were there too. We usually go in October, but had to go in August this year. It was super busy. In 2016 it was almost empty that we didn’t even have to get off space mountain and road several times. This year, we waited almost 40 minutes for it. That is a major change in 3 years and the difference in the October time and August time. I’d like to say we would go again…

Even last year, we could get magic shots at the HM and on Main Street fairly easily. This year was a total bust for that. Because the lines were so long, we skipped them at the HM and we were afraid to give up our seat on the 2nd parade route to do them.

9 Likes

I agree. I don’t understand why UT has better rates than my AP.

Curious how many of the liners do a Touring Plan for the parties? I did one for the Christmas Party last year and being with folks who appreciated that, stuck to it with me, and didn’t argue or go all “oh shiny” on me meant we got a lot done compared to previous year with folks who weren’t so cooperative.

I have a plan for the Halloween party and it looks really good.

3 Likes

We’re planning on going 9/22 as well. Fingers crossed the reviews get better and things are a little slower.

Can you share? I’ve been trying to make a plan but this is our first MNSSHP and I don’t know if I’m planning right (factoring in too much time for lines, not enough time etc.).

I can’t C&P it so I’m not sure how to share.

We are arriving at 12 noon and have FP for 7DMT, BTMRR, and JC.

We are seeing/riding Country Bears, PotC, Space Mountain, People Mover, Peter Pan, Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion, Parade, Fireworks, and Hocus Pocus.

I booked a dessert party for reserved viewing fireworks space. This eliminates the need to trick or treat and to hunt down desserts during the party.

Our only character meet & greet right now is Jack & Sally and I have us lining up as early as 3PM for that and blocked out 2 hours.

I have dinner blocked out for 45 minutes at Casey’s.

Everyone’s plans are different because everyone has different priorities. All of the things I’ve planned are on somebody’s wish list in our group of 7.

1 Like

:scream::exploding_head::scream::exploding_head:

1 Like