MNSSHP costumes and HEAT

We are attending MNSSHP at the end of August. I’m expecting extreme heat and probably rain. Last time we went to the party was mid October and weather was cool so didn’t have to worry.

Any suggestions for costumes that won’t be too hot? For myself, DH, DD (11) and DS (7). Thanks!

We got Halloween t shirts made on Etsy for August 2017 MNSSHP. It was hot and it did rain

1 Like

Any form of pirate attire can be cool. My daughter wore a dress with shorts underneath that was lightweight and breezy. My son also had lightweight pirate wear. Older ones in our family wore Pirates of Caribbean t-shirts. Then the kids went to Pirate’s league before the party started. It was awesome! They were so excited to be so done up looking like the real thing for the party. Truly a fantastic way to start the party. DD could be made up to be a mermaid if she doesn’t want to be pirate-fied!

2 Likes

Jedi costumes are not a good one.

1 Like

But for real though: Moana is a great costume. Funky t-shirts. I like to wear vintage inspired dresses and go with bright lipstick. I convinced my BF to wear a t-shirt that is made to look like a prince outfit.

1 Like

I am going the first week in Sept and expect heat and rain (hopefully not a lot of rain) I am ‘crafty’ so I am making my costume but I have a t-shirt that I am decorating & making a short skirt out very light cotton that I will wear over capri leggings, then a ‘crown’ which is going to be gold craft-foam glued to a headband. I am going to be the queen of hearts :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is exactly what we are doing!! It is all going to be a surprise for the kids! I am so excited! To keep them cool I had shirts made of a gauze-y material and am having knee length bloomers made. DD is too young to be made up, so she just gets a cute pirate costume :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I went for a Hallowe’en themed t-shirt.

1 Like

That’s exactly what we did as well! We went at the very end of September and it was still incredibly hot and it rained off and on throughout the party. We were very glad to have opted for t-shirts rather than a poly-whatever-blend costume.

2 Likes

Supposedly they have mickey ears for everything. My friend one year did little mermaid mickey ears with purple t-shirt and green shorts. Her son had BB8 Mickey ears with orange T-shirt and grey shorts etc. I think her husband did captain america mickey ears with a captain america T-shirt…

1 Like

I would probably wear a kilt and a “Scottish-themed” t-shirt and call it Disney bounding: “Brave” edition. But then again I frequently wear a kilt in WDW anyway…

3 Likes

We’re doing Disney Bound style instead of full-on costumes. Going classic red and black as Mickey and Minnie, with ears of course!

1 Like