MMRR Motion Sickness Concern?

I was just watching a YouTube video where the person doing the video said that MMRR made her come very close to being sick. Anyone who has experienced this attraction that can speak to this?

I can tell you that @pod4christ rode it on a CM preview and said he felt sick for a couple of hours. I hope he will see the tag and chip in first hand, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him over here, only on chat.

2 Likes

I get pretty motion-sick - Star Tours was bad, Millennium Falcon was worse, and I had to close my eyes for 75% of of FoP - and I was ok on MMRR.

3 Likes

I rode MMRR last week and didn’t feel sick at all, that said I was also very focused on getting a BG at the time (BG 4!!). I used to feel sick after Star Tours but that’s no longer an issue, however I can’t do the Teacups, feel sick for so long after.

2 Likes

My DS and I both have a tendency to get motion sick from some rides. I can’t do the eacups, Star Tours, Prince Charming Carousel, Circlevision 360 movies. I have not even tried Soarin’, FoP or Mission Space. Add to those, for DS, EE.

2 Likes

One of the guys on the Dis is very susceptible. He said there was one spot that got him pretty quickly, but it was over fast and you could close your eyes to avoid it.

2 Likes

My mind might be just blown. Is @pod an @pod4christ different people?!

My head has had them 1 and the same forever.

hahaha yes we are different.
I think I’d like to be him, though! :grinning: He seems like a nice guy- far nicer than I am, I’m afraid.

3 Likes

I doubt that - are you also a podiatrist?

We rode it today. My wife who felt sick all day earlier in the week after riding ST (for her, MF:SR was easier to handle than ST) had no issues with MMRR.

2 Likes

I struggled with MFSR. Felt terrible the rest of the day.

I loved MMRR and had no problems at all.

Take Dramamine, dress cool, and make sure you’ve eaten something.

2 Likes

Nope. OB/GYN. The Pod thing is totally unrelated. :smiley:

3 Likes

It wasn’t any problem for me, but motion sickness isn’t a problem for me with theme park rides in general. There are a couple places that I’d be concerned about if it were.

In one room you are in a room where the screen simulates motion of going over a waterfall. I suspect that the ride vehicle doesn’t move very much here, so most people would be ok just closing their eyes. There are a couple other places where the cars zip around and change direction pretty quickly. There isn’t any spinning, but I’d liken it to how you’re jostled around between scenes in Toy Story Mania.

Hope that helps!

3 Likes

I am really bothered by motion sickness, and had no trouble on MMRR - it’s a fun ride! Just make sure to eat part of a Mickey pretzel or something beforehand. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Hi! I got a little woozy on MMRR. Not terrible but enough to limit my riding it. It was from the physical movements not the 1 virtual scene. I did close my eyes for that one though. SDD on the other hand was 1 and done. Made me very sick.

3 Likes

Very interesting! I always just thought of it as motion sickness, but if you think about it, it is different because you aren’t in motion! Unfortunately though, I have both. The prescription patches you put behind your ears help me for motion sickness. Would they also help me for virtual reality sickness?

1 Like

I’ve had virtual reality and / or simulator sickness dating back to DisneyQuest and it occurs in varying degrees. I personally have not realized any relief from motion sickness remedies.

An interesting link to a YouTube video was recently posted in the topic “I Have a Confession” which discusses a method to avoid nausea when riding FOP. Here is a copy of the link:

1 Like

Thanks! I had read something similar about keeping some sort of constant object in your view would help. Sadly, I am a thrill seeker with unfortunate motion/VR sickness, lol. I appreciate the link!

2 Likes