MK table service prix fixe vs a la carte

I’m looking at Magic Kingdom table service menus and seeing that all are now prix fixe, including places like Liberty Tree Tavern. How long has this been in place? Are a la carte menus even offered anymore?

The Plaza, Skipper Canteen, and Tony’s are a la carte.

1 Like

Have they lost their minds? $60 over 9 years old for lunch at Crystal Palace?

You are paying for the character meet. The is the price you will pay for a character lunch or dinner meal.

3 Likes

that makes sense, I don’t remember paying that much in the past. Maybe my memory is faulty

The number of prix fixe has definitely gone up at WDW. And so has the price for the character meets. Melas here at home and in WDW are giving me sticker shock lately!

5 Likes

I just checked: Hollywood and Vine and Tusker House are $59 for lunch, Garden Grill is $55.

1 Like

the only character meal I’m willing to pay for right now is Topolinos b/c the food is outstanding and every table gets ample time w/ the characters

I always get excited for trips to WDW and then get frustrated when reminded of the crazy prices. It’s one thing to raise prices but they are getting to the point of being ridiculous. $60 for lunch per person is nuts even with characters. It’s $40 at Liberty Tree Tavern - there’s no way I can eat $40 worth of all you can eat lunch

3 Likes

We generally stay away from the buffets or other prices fixe meals and split entrees. We have been know to share one or two entrees at a restaurant with an app or two for three people.

2 Likes

Yeah Sotrytellers Cafe at Disneyland was $50 for breakfast but with an extensive brunch menu. It so good with great characters. That is my standard.

1 Like

++ @heathernoel … This plus our diminished emphasis on Character Meals has placed us at the point where we often don’t eat mid-day meals.

1 Like

We actually love Crystal Palace both for the buffet which is decent and the characters are adorable. It is odd to me that pretty much all prix fixe are the same for lunch and dinner with Space being the outlier.

1 Like