MK Lunch Recommendation

Hello! I’ve currently got a reservation for Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen but there is availability at Liberty Tree Tavern for the same time. I’ve bounced between the two over the last several months and just cant quite land where we should eat. Any recommendations?

Jungle Navigation has a neat menu. Liberty Tree is more homestyle cooking to me. I just can’t handle a hot park day and then have pot roast or a pot pie For lunch. But if this food is unique to you, then go for it! Living in the South, mashed potatoes and pot roast is pretty normal fare. Fish and chips are there too. But Jungle is completely different.

3 Likes

I love Liberty Tree the food has been very good for dinner and for lunch last time I had the lobster roll for lunch and it was to die for. I did Skippers for dinner and was just not that impressed. I asked the waiters advise and should have stuck with my own first thought. with that said the food was still good just I was not that impressed.

1 Like

I like them both, but Skipper’s Canteen has a more interesting and different menu.

1 Like

Haven’t been to Liberty Tree but Skipper Canteen was really great on our recent visit. Lots of exotic things and interesting interior. Since I live in the DC area and there are tons of colonial type restaurants around I figure that I could have a Liberty Tree experience anytime.

1 Like

Liberty tree is really good classic American dinner favorites, skipper canteen is really good mix of dishes with ethnic influences. You can’t go wrong with either honestly. I would probably tend to do skipper canteen for lunch and liberty tree for dinner

1 Like

We had lunch at Skipper Canteen this week. The food was really good, but we were there a very long time. Maybe 2 hours? The break was refreshing and I wouldn’t change having eaten there, but be aware.

Ex. We were 10 min early for our reservation, but they said they were running on time so we stuck around. Wished we’d gone window shopping nearby while waiting to be paged, because it was 25 min before they sat us.

1 Like

The food is fantastic at Liberty Tree Tavern, and just for the ooey gooey toffee cake alone we could never skip it.

1 Like

We had dinner at Skipper Canteen on Thursday. I enjoyed the steak salad but the soup I got was just OK (server said it was coconut curry bisque, tasted more like pumpkin than coconut to me??). Dh got the lamb and he said it was excellent BUT not enough! Isn’t that always the case with lamb? lol 3 small chops, on some greens and there was some veggie but really no substantial side. However, the decor was really cool. Overall glad we went.

I think we did LTT a few years ago. As I recall, also cool decor and theming, but a heavy meal.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the great feedback! I think we will hold on to the Skipper Canteen reservation. I think DD9 will appreciate the interior decorations, especially considering we have a FP for the Jungle Cruise immediately proceeding the reservation. We will definitely be checking out LTT on our next trip.

1 Like

We also did a Jungle Cruise FPP and then Skipper Canteen so it made it an “experience”!

2 Likes

During our October trip, we ate lunch at both LTT and Skipper Canteen. While I do love LTT, I really enjoyed the varied menu at Skipper Canteen. I especially enjoyed the appetizers there. I don’t think that you would go wrong with either of them.

1 Like

We also spent a long time at SC but had appetizers and desserts. It was one of our must dos b/c it was new.

1 Like

Many people love Jungle Navigation Co. but we thought it was just okay. We really enjoy Liberty Tree Tavern.

1 Like

Ask to sit in the S.E.A. Dining Room - (The Society of Explorers and Adventurers) You walk through a “secret” bookcase into a back room with decor from their adventures. There’s lots of “easter eggs” in that room to other Disney rides / shows

3 Likes