MK fireworks - plan and prep

My trip is just 40 days away! I currently have a dessert party booked for our last night, where we plan to let the kids stay up and watch fireworks. However, for $613, I’m getting cold feet about the cost :money_with_wings: That’s a lot of Mickey Bars!

I haven’t been to WDW in over a decade and my last time seeing fireworks at MK was on NYE.

If we cancel the dessert party, where should we “camp out” for fireworks to get the best view of castle projections and Tink flying? I don’t care about Main Street projections. How early do we need to get there for 8:15 Enchantment? 7pm? We have some adults that can hold spots while littles ride attractions.

2 Likes

I would personally skip the party. I have done it many times in the past, but it’s simply not worth it now. They’ve priced me out.

Tink flies straight towards Tomorrowland Terrace you you’ll want to be on that side of the hub. I would personally stand directly behind one of the planters on that side so that no one is directly infront of you. If you have people who can hold the spot I’d send them there an hourish early.

1 Like

Thanks! So - forgive my rookie question - there are planters in the hub, near the Walt statue (?) - on the Tomorrowland side, right? That is what I should look for?

Yes on the picture you shared there are 4 circling the partners statue in the middle and then 2 more below that on the Plaza/Tomorrowland side of the hub.

Thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I agree with this. This is where we try to stand. It’s not the absolute perfect, straight on view of the castle, but it is good enough to see the fireworks and projections. What this spot has that the straight on view doesn’t have is Tinkerbell flying right over the top of you (and I am tearing up just typing that sentence at this moment!)

3 Likes

Is where I highlighted what you mean by behind a planter?

It looks like my friend will be there Friday with her two kids (DD4, DS9) by herself now, and I don’t usually watch MK fireworks except from a party seat.

6 Likes

Yes. That way no one is directly in front of you. No last minute shoulder kids or 7 ft tall people squeezing into your view.

3 Likes

Thanks for this aerial view! Super helpful.

1 Like

Thanks to Unpocoloco for posting the question and to Nikkipoooo for the great pic!

Steve

I’m pretty sure the back one on the left is the DAS area. I only worked FW’s once during my training but I’m pretty sure that is where it was.

2 Likes

That’s great insight. Thanks!

1 Like

100% agree with all of this. Pre-COVID I always watched HEA from a dessert party. Since then, I never have done. The show isn’t good enough and the price is way too high. Not worth it at all.

2 Likes

I thought one of those areas might be DAS, but I thought it was one of the central hub ones.

As a point of reference for you, two weeks ago on a night that was a late close (11:00 PM); deluxe extra hours; no party, the Hub reached maximum capacity 50 minutes before show time. Cast Members were doing everthing they could to keep additional people from trying to squeeze in. Your littles may have a difficult time trying to join up with the adults that are trying to hold spaces.

2 Likes

This is helpful. I’m still leaning toward cancelling the dessert party, but will def need a backup fireworks spot, based on this. It’s the last day of the trip so we will have to see how everyone is doing too. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks! I don’t have any connection to HEA or Wishes, but am glad to hear you don’t think it’s worth it either.

1 Like

This should get better with party season being over. FW’s every night gives more chances for folks to see fireworks. Should thin the crowds a little :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I hope you’re right :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just following up here for those still curious. We snagged an excellent spot for fireworks about an hour before Enchantment on a CL4 day. We had a fence in front of us which meant no obstructed view for the kids. Thanks to this group for the insight!!

6 Likes