MK Arrival- Grand Floridian or Contemporary

Has anyone recently tried getting dropped off by Uber/Lyft at the Grand Floridian or Contemporary as the book says to do, and then walk to the park? Not sure if this will actually save time when we are trying to get there by Rope Drop.

Most resorts, especially those within walking distance of theme parks, will not let you arrive by your own car/Uber/'Lyft unless you are staying there or have a dining reservation. This is especially true in the morning, for the Contemporary and the other monorail resorts. Some people try to get dropped off at nearby corners, with varying luck and risking the wrath of the law enforcement that monitor the CR drives. Arranging to be picked up by Uber/Lyft at these hotels is not a problem.

4 Likes

Why can’t you be dropped off at the TTC an hour before opening? You should still be there for opening and not have to worry about getting through a resort gate guard.

2 Likes

I was wondering that too, but that was the suggestion in the book so I was wondering if it was worth it.

1 Like

I did this a few years ago but the guard definitely wasn’t thrilled to let my Lyft through (at Contemporary). My TA now advises they’ve really tightened up on this because so many people were doing it once the secret got out, so I probably wouldn’t try it without a res.

2 Likes

I see Minnie Vans have returned! Those will drop you off at the gate right? That would be an option if you want to splurge.

1 Like

I suspect that suggestion is now outdated and should be rewritten to match the current situation.

1 Like