Missed bank advice - any advice

My Bank date was missed. It was March 31. I am now losing 75 points as of August 1st. I am a bit irritated with myself for not being a better advocate earlier this year. I should have done what most people were doing. Which was nag the heck out of DVC back then instead of doing what was advised me. That advice was to hold off on any decisions until later. Wait for DVC to communicate what was going on. Let them handle the insurgence of calls. My reward, 75 points gone forever. Total waste of that much money.

It was my fault for thinking it would be handled as a unique situation. Nothing ever gave me the belief Disney and DVC are anything other than Businesses. Rules are there to protect them not me.

SO I called today to ask if anything can be done. I am polite the whole conversation. Long wait on the phone. because of the exciting member cruise, next year was the reason. COVID was not mentioned at all. (Understandable that makes customers want to avoid spending money in tight places.)
20+ minutes later a tired and irritated agent answers the phone. She is tersely polite in her unable to help answers. (Yup, followed the company line as was ordered (so nothing against her.))

I ask what I think is my only option to talk to her manager. A 10+ minute wait later, I re-explain to her. She put me in for an appeal for banking those points. I was denied after a short 30+minute wait. (You would expect some time to review the appeal, so the wait was expected.) I was denied the appeal.

After my long-winded story is there anything else I can do?

I do know I need to bank the points before the banking deadline. I truly postponed it because of advice not because of lackof dilligence.

I was going to suggest an appeal, but if that’s been done I don’t see what else could be.

March was some time ago, now. I wonder if that factored in.

I also think they are probably inclined to deny any appeals at this time due to the glut of points that are being pushed forward into the next use year. Things are going to be very tight in DVC availability for a while and I think they will do what they can to mitigate that situation. Unfortunately I think you’re caught in that vortex.

You could rent them but you’re running out of time on that. Give it a whirl tho

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! What did you have booked? I have an August UY too. They expire in two days?

1 Like

Yeah, I think I was collateral damage in the point glut market. I was told I had to use them tonight or lose them. Sigh.
Oh well. An expensive don’t trust corporations to make noble decisions lesson was paid for.

oh oops. August 1st, not 31st :frowning:

So sorry :frowning:

1 Like

Yes August use year points 2019 UY expire end of July.

Did you have a reservation that you were unable to keep?

1 Like

LoL,after losing 75 points that date error is TOTALLY forgivable. :slight_smile:

1 Like

SUPER late to the discussion, however I was just on with the good folks over at DVC to re-schedule the 2 weeks we had booked in December this year. Because we had both banked and borrowed for this trip, we are at risk for losing 200 points if we don’t figure something out by the end of next month.

I was SUPER Good Cop (“Thank you so much for your patience *Craig, yes, I know you don’t make the policies. I know you must be really busy, thanks for the special time you have given to help me understand this better.”) While my husband is in the background yelling about how Disney CLEARLY wants us all to get Covid and die because they won’t re-bank previously banked points.

What we eventually got out of poor *Craig is that even though DVC won’t do anything with the points (they ARE “back to usual business policies since they are considered up and operational after all”) is that we are able to take those previously banked points and use them instead for an RCI property to be used up to a year later. It’s not the same as being on property, but we could think up of a few uses for it, including covering what would have been an out of pocket trip to see family next summer.

Something to consider for anyone who has previous year points banked that are at risk of being lost.

*Names have been changed to protect the cast member from my husbands theatrics.

2 Likes

I am glad you were able to get something back. I feel a bit disheartened by the whole thing. I have even tried contacting my DVC sales person. He has not gotten back to me yet. I did receive a nice voice message to see the Bungalows at Polynesian though from another sales person.

By the way, you will have two years to use those RCI points.

1 Like

Really? I had asked multiple times and thought he had said it was only good for one year. My Disney withdrawal symptoms must have finally fully taken over. That’s good information to know, thank you!

1 Like

Unless the policy has changed recently it is two years from when you deposit them.

1 Like

NO I kept them all it just hurt to lose half my yearly points :frowning: