Minnie Vans returning June 29, soft opening this week

https://www.wdwmagic.com/transportation/minnie-van/news/07jun2022-disneys-minnie-van-service-returns-to-walt-disney-world-on-june-29.htm

9 Likes

Great news! Though I am bummed about no airport service. Pricey, but a nice option for families that need 2 car seats.

1 Like

I can’t remember where I saw it, but it was reported somewhere that I read this morning that the airport service would come back eventually. They’re still working on staffing and building up the fleet.

And I loved the airport option when I took it 3 years ago.

4 Likes

The Minnie Vans were always great for when you wanted to go to HDDR or EMM (back when that was a thing!)

2 Likes

I’m starting to suspect that you actually work for wdwmagic. I think we just had you pegged for the wrong blogger … :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

I couldn’t find this detail in the article - what kind of car seats do they carry? Do they have convertible car seats / boosters? At this point I need at least two boosters, ideally 1 car seat and 1 booster.

Will be at HDDR next month. I just may opt for this!

It was super convenient for that!

1 Like

It’s really the only transportation that will take your right to the doorstep of HDDR. Every other way is so crazy and still doesn’t get you right there!

1 Like

They used to be Graco convertibles.

3 Likes

We used 2 convertibles in 2018 and 2019 so I don’t know about boosters.

Before I went on the 2018 trip, I spoke to a CM over the phone to find out details about the brand/model of convertible carseats that were used in the Minnie Vans. I don’t remember what brand/model, but I was satisfied with the CMs answer at the time.

We were very happy with the Minnie Van airport transfer service.

2 Likes

I assume they will still drop you right at the gate for MK.

1 Like

Here’s an article for how it was done pre-pandemic…

3 Likes

Well the fleet size is tremendous and unchanged from pre-covid. But they def do need drivers for said vehicles.

1 Like

Does anyone know if they keep the car seats in the trunk like that all the time, or where do you put luggage? Thinking about using this to transfer from AKL to WL in the morning rather than relying on internal luggage transfer. DD5 would be in the high back booster but DD-will-be-8 would do just a regular seat if they won’t do the seat only booster so wondering if they would just come with 1 seat or still have the 2nd in the trunk.

I’m pretty sure they have those cars on leases and a number of them have been turned back in.

Wow then the fleet is even bigger than I would have realized.

I saw literally hundreds and hundreds of them being used as barriers during marathon weekend.

3 Likes

wish they didn’t cost nearly $200 to take to/from MCO one-way. (if/when that returns).

With DME dead, it would have been a great alternative. :weary:

4 Likes

It used to be the Graco 4 Evers. Those have a 10 year expiration, so they probably have not changed.

1 Like