Minnie Vans are back this Summer

No dates yet but Disney Parks have confirmed the service is returning.

The official tweet is embedded in the article.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/transportation/minnie-van/news/24mar2022-walt-disney-worlds-minnie-van-service-is-returning-this-summer.htm

11 Likes

Do we recall what the price was previously? For some reason $39 per ride sticks in my head for on-property transfers.

Whatever it was, increase that by 20% LOL

Seriously - looking forward to seeing these roll down the roads again!

4 Likes

I believe some site claimed they were gone forever.

4 Likes

Yeah, ya gotta wait sometimes …

You’ll learn.

2 Likes

Super excited

Too late for my trip & they didn’t have them the last time I was there, but happy to hear they’re coming back.

I bet this is why they “paused” Mears private transfers.

1 Like

True! They were a flat $25 and then they moved to a hefty start rate plus mileage just like a taxi, but more expensive. With all the loooong circuitous routes around Disney I thought that was an awful model and never used them.

Or maybe why they are bringing it back. I had heard that it was Mears that was the cause of why they paused.

1 Like

I don’t really think so (and I’m one to be hard on them).

From the conversation I had on Friday night with the agent who called me about my guest whose ride for Sunday was cancelled (but whose ride for tomorrow is not) it definitely sounded like Mears done screwed up and they (Disney) were severing ties as a result.

3 Likes

I think these were probably on the way back and this event - whatever it was - caused them to step it up a notch.

2 Likes

Oh yes, I should’ve been more clear - I was trying to say that the pause and the return were linked, but not that they severed ties with Mears because of the return of Minnie Vans, bit that the return of the Minnie Vans is because of the pause. I worded it backwards.

3 Likes

Oh gotcha.

So we are both on the same page (see my reply to BlogMickey, er, I mean @mikejs78 )

4 Likes

Ha. Ha.

3 Likes

I was thinking about the airport service they had started pre Covid……

3 Likes

Whatever that price was, it is starting to look good now!

3 Likes

Awesome. Hopefully the new price is reasonable, but they were worth every penny at $25.

2 Likes

I feel like we paid up for a Minnie Van pick up at the airport one trip. I wonder if they’ll be doing that as well. I’m sure it won’t be cheap, but we received a lot of great info. from the driver on the parks. I remember it being much more expensive, but very much worth it.

2 Likes

I think it was like $150 for an aiport transfer. Bet it will be $200 now. But i thought you got snacks with it. I bet you won’t get snacks anymore :roll_eyes:

I loved my one Minnie Van experience! But, it was like 4 or 5 times the cost of just getting a regular Lyft. We did it the one time for the experience.

2 Likes