Mini local park trip report

Our local park (Carowinds) didn’t open up this year, until a few weeks ago. They are opened a couple of weekends in November and December only, calling it Taste of the Season. It was limited capacity and had pretty good precautions in place, so we made a reservation. Took my 3 little cousins. My parents gave them season passes last Christmas so they were excited to get to use them for the first time. Also met up with another cousin, her mom, and daughter. Those last 3 are going to the world with us in November.

4 Likes

We went Saturday night. First ride was the scrambler and I didn’t get a picture. I told my aunt it may have been a mistake to put the littles on that first because they might get scared and not want to ride anything else. They loved it. Then we saw Santa, in his corvette, and some snow under a walkway.

2 Likes

Our local park is dark for all of 2020. Very sad, although we haven’t been in years. They are usually open on weekends in October for haunted houses and Halloween stuff, then weekends in December with all of the holiday lights and Santa, etc. Their main season is summer since half of it is a water park. they open around Memorial Day and go through Labor Day. I drive by it on the freeway everyday and the big sign says, “See you in 2021!” I sure hope that’s true.

1 Like

2 Likes

Sounds like our park. It has a huge waterpark and has always been a summer thing plus Halloween. In recent years they have started expanding to Winterfest and 2020 was supposed to debut a new Mardi Gras themed spring opening. Makes me really feel like I’m getting bang for my buck at around $100/per pass! Hope they can all open in 2021!

1 Like

Some decor and my favorite non coaster ride:

1 Like

Next we got some “tastes” while we first watched a stage band and then a marching gingerbread band. We also got some craft kits they were giving out to take home, then we went to the kiddie rides where we spent the rest of the evening. There were a few small/mid-size coasters open but the waits were insane even with the low crowds. They were leaving 2-3 seats or rows open between people and rumor has it depending on if the ride was in NC or SC (the park straddles both) rides had to be sanitized after every run or every 30 minutes.

2 Likes

2 Likes

He could have stayed here all night.

3 Likes

All 9 of us were able to ride the little train together.

2 Likes

We were there from about 3-8. The youngest 3 just had an absolute blast. The older girls and us adults were happy with a couple of rides, taking it all in, and getting out of the house. They were selling tasting cards in different amounts. I bought a 9pk because I also have a meal plan (for just me) and I brought a ton of snacks for the kids, but then someone also gave us a couple of cards on their way out. With my 1 meal I got a chicken tender meal and all of the kids split it along with pb crackers, raisins, and cheese dippers. Everyone said they got enough to eat. I really wanted to try a holiday egg roll but I never found that tasting station. Some things we did get were"pimento cheese and bacon on garlic toast, shrimp&grits, turkey pretzel roll, sweet potato pie with toasted pecans and caramel sauce, pineapple cake, peppermint ice cream sandwich, and a couple of others I don’t remember. We didn’t use all of our tastings and then on the way out I saw a station with cinnamon pull aparts so I told them to scan all of my cards and give me as many as were left. (Would have gifted but it was past closing time and they are only good for one day) That made a good before bed snack and breakfast.
The end, I think.

3 Likes