Military Tickets and FastPass+

We will be visiting WDW with a friend, whose late husband was a veteran. Since she can get a military discount, she offered to purchase our tickets for us. We received the "tickets," which are actually "exchange certificates" that we would need to redeem once we all get there. I assume that this is so she can provide some kind of identification.

We are staying on property. My question is, since we don't technically have tickets, will we still be able to set up FPPs 60 days in advance or will we not be able to do so until we actually get the tickets (at which point we might as well not even bother with FPP)?

She has never been to WDW, but she regularly visits DLR where you get FP on the day of your visit anyway.

There is a voucher number on the certificate that you should be able to enter into MDE that should allow you to make your FPPs at 60 days. It's been a couple of years since I've done this, but there as a "help" page on MDE that showed you where to find the number.

One question that I need to ask is if these are the Military Salute tickets. If they are, SHE needs to be there to activate the tickets the first time you use them.

Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if I might be able to link our account with the certificate numbers.

They are the Military Salute tickets. We're all going to be traveling together, so activating them shouldn't be a problem.

Would you happen to know if we will all automatically be sent MagicBands, being that the room and tickets were purchased separately and not part of a package?

The MBs will be sent because you are staying on property. Keep in mind, that although "on property", SOG is not Disney-owned; no MBs and no 60 day FPPs...

We'll be at POR, so I think we're safe. :slight_smile:

When you activate your tickets, the CM should be able to link them to your magic bands if you want. Usually they can do this without everybody's magic bands, but I've had one occasion when they needed my son's band for some reason.

I wasn't able to get the certificate numbers to work, so I called WDW this morning. They said that with the military tickets I needed to select the "Add an older ticket" link, choose the upper right side sample ticket, and enter all of the information accordingly. (Interestingly, the only thing that I didn't need to enter was the actual certificate number.)

The above is how it should have worked, but there was a glitch in their system, and they ended up needing to enter everything on their end instead. So we're all linked up now.

I thought I'd add this in case others might be trying to figure out how to link the military discount tickets.

Also, for the sake of trying to keep info together - those voucher numbers can be tricky. They are miniscule, even for those with excellent eyesight. And it doesn't help "0" and "O" are troublesome. But the worst is 1 and l. The "1" give you no indication that it's a number not a letter. But IIRC there are only capital letters, so that helps - I just didn't know that at the time. And if you try and link the tickets yourself and get it wrong, you could end up locking up the vouchers for 24 hours. Not sure if this is still the case, but it was in September '15.

Just call in and they will link them up for you no issue. They know which are numbers and which are letters If you do lock them out, even calling won't help you until the lock out time has passed. That happened to me.

Also - when they get linked - write everybody's name on their voucher. Not sure why, but I was told to do that.

HAVE FUN!

I noticed that too with the 0s and Os. The CM was able to tell which was which on her end though.

It took me a long time to figure out what the security code was.

She didn't tell me to write our names down on our vouchers, but that may be a good idea.