Military discounts?

Anyone familiar with the room/package discounts for military at Universal? I found the ticket only discounts, but can’t seem to find any specifics on the room/packages. Seems like they are released pretty late (December for next calendar year) and no way to know if it’s worth waiting for.

If it’s not much savings, and they sell out quickly, then maybe better to book under standard pricing/offers without waiting? We’re thinking about a spring 2020 trip, especially since we can definitely get the ticket savings.

Ive priced the packages before and always came out ahead using Salute tickets and military room discounts or other room only discounts. There are very few rooms held for military rates so the earlier booked the better. Ive also had luck with Loews applying the Stay more Play more rate when no mil discounted rooms are left. Im sitting on a reservation for sept i made last nov @ $198.00 per night. (Military rate) for Royal Pacific. To be clear ive only priced stays for the three hotels that include Express Pass.

Perfect. That’s what I’m thinking - only considering hotels that include the Express Pass. $198 is an amazing rate!

Its a surprisingly good rate, best ive had yet! This room will be more than double by the time we check in during HHN. Last year we were offered a club level lock off room (pull out couch part of a suite) with cub access if we gave up the double queen. Early is better and ask ask ask for a deal!

Did you call as soon as they announced the military discounts for 2019?

I booked the Stay More rate 21 Oct and called 15 Nov for the military rate. Im not sure when the discounts opened though.

1 Like

I receive my ticket voucher from Shades of Green. Staying at the hrh and was wondering if they will do the express pass using that voucher?

I know you got your answer to this on the chat app, but for anyone reading this who may have the same question, the EP is tied to your room, not your ticket voucher, so any stay at a deluxe hotel will get you the EP.