Mickey's Christmas Party with 7 and 5 year old. Should we do it?

Hi everyone! I am planning a trip to Disney, and we will be there in November for Mickey’s Christmas party. I know we can get into the park at 4pm for it, and the actual party starts at 7pm. I am trying to figure out if I should roll the dice with my 7 and 5 year old boys. I think they could stay up late but I am worried my youngest would want to sleep in the next day. Just curious on other people’s thoughts on whether this is worth it or not. TIA!

Welcome to the Forum! I guess I share your concern about the 5yo. I’m sure he will love the party and it’s a great age for the experience, but as you point out the next day may be a problem.

Sorry - probably not much help with this answer…

2 Likes

I’d rather tell you not to upset your overall plans than have you try to do too much. If this the first of more WDW trips to come then I’d advise you to wait a couple more years. However, if this is a once-in-a-lifetime trip then I’d consider it as MVMCP is pretty special.

It will probably be a rough morning the next day! :sleeping: :sleeping_bed: :sleepy:

1 Like

Yeah… I think I just need to really think of we will go back any time soon and make a decision on whether we should do it.

I don’t know when we will go back so we might want to just do it… maybe try to rest before we go…

1 Like

I haven’t been but I bet it would be so magical that age! You know your kids best though!

Maybe an early break / nap the next day? RD and FPP until noon. Go snack & nap until 4pm, The queues will be at their longest during that nap time. You can eat a meal before leaving hotel or make it the first thing when you get into the park. You’ll be ready to hit the rides while everyone else is leaving or going to dinner.

(Just a thought)

Is it possible to make your plans a late start the next day? We went to the Christmas party last year with an 8 year old and 18 month old. We stayed for most of the party (we left shortly after fireworks) and were back at our hotel (POP) by around midnight. We didn’t start our next day until around 11 so everyone could sleep in a little. It worked out great.

If you’re able to sleep in a little the next day, I would definitely do it! We took our 7 year old twins and 2 year old last year, and they all stayed awake until we left around 11:30. The party was the highlight of the trip. It’s truly magical!

1 Like

I am doing the MVMCP this year with our six year old as the youngest member of our party. We plan to stay at the park until they kick us out, therefore I planned nothing the next day except visiting with friends in the Tampa mid-afternoon. I do not believe any member of my traveling party would be up for rope-dropping the next morning.

I would definitely do it!

I would also plan a late start for day of and day after. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly, everyone will want to sleep in the next day. Even us grown ups! :slight_smile:

I’d take it easy the day of the party - don’t wake up too early or else they won’t last thru the night, and don’t let them tire out at the pool either (BTDT). And let everyone sleep in the next day. Keep the activities the next day very loose. It is a good day to visit a park you’ve already seen so you aren’t tempted to Do It All!!

1 Like

This is an excellent point. Thank you.

A timely post. 4 Questions for Parents Before Booking a Hard-Ticket Event | TouringPlans.com Blog

I don’t agree with that article in its entirety.

You don’t have to go to the party strictly for their special events. Our party days have been the lowest crowd level days we have seen at Disney. We ride soooo many rides it makes it worth it to me. We left one party at 11:15 because we had seen and done everything we set out to accomplish… there was no reason for us to hang around.

I did the xmas party 2 years ago with a 7, 5 and 2 year old. The day of we went to the pool and relaxed and went to the party around 5. My 2 year old slept most of the time but my 7 and 5 year old had a blast. All the ride lines were short and they just bounced from one ride to the next all night while eating the snacks and treats they handed out at various locations. They weren’t r er aly interested in the characters or the show. Much to my dismay but they were happy. We were outta there after the second parade…they were done and so was I. We slept in a little the next day and started in the afternoon instead of morning. Would totally it again. Totally worth it!

2 Likes