Mickey's Birthday Celebration

TouringPlans doesn’t seem to have predicted crowd level increases due to this. Should we expect/hope that so few people know or care about this that it won’t have any effect?

“Walt Disney World Resort in Florida will celebrate Mickey’s birthday from November 16-18 with special merchandise and food & beverage items as well as the chance for guests to celebrate at Magic Kingdom Park during the “Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!” Street Party, sing “Happy Birthday” along with the Dapper Dans on Main Street, U.S.A., and join in a special birthday dance party at Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland.”

I wouldn’t expect it to have much effect honestly.

1 Like

We found that Magic Kingdom was super busy last year during Mickey’s birthday; however, I’m not sure if it was due to his birthday celebration or due to the fact that it was also Dapper Day at MK. We waited way longer in lines on this day than we did at any other time during our Thanksgiving visit or even during our trips over New Years.

Last year’s actual crowd levels - they do go up on the 18th but not as high as they got during the following week, so I assume that was the start of a busy period. The first column is overall crowds, the second is MK.

We were there on the first day of his birthday celebration in 2016 and wait times seem to be considerably longer than what our touring plan had predicted, but TP is predicting a CL 1 this year on that Friday the 16th. Seems to be no regard for increased crowds at all.

I would love to believe it, but I just can’t. Would love to be shocked though!

Well it wasn’t as low as a 1 last year as you can see, but good luck with that! A 1 would be amazing.

1 Like