Mickey & Princesses Meeting again TODAY

Multiple sources are reporting that Mickey is at Town Square doing distanced “sightings”. The Princesses are do the same in Fairytale Hall! I have missed these so much and this is getting me excited that we are getting even closer to a pre-COVID Disney experience!

13 Likes

Are these yet populating to Genie/Genie+?

I don’t see these yet on the Genie App nor on the WDW website (not among attractions nor character experiences).

1 Like

Wow! Tiana is truly stunning. Prettiest Disney princess I’ve seen in awhile. Maybe ever.
I hope they add these to G+ soon (or at least before our trip)

3 Likes

This makes me so happy! It reminds me of my first solo trip. I arrived at HS without a plan before my first FP was redeemable. Saw signage saying Mickey & Minnie were greeting. Prior to this I only ever took pics with characters at character dining.Minnie was in the first room. We took some pics and it was cool. Mickey was in a separate room. Rounded the corner and there he was. Freaking Mickey Mouse!!
I geeked out. Hard! Like a five year old. My arms involuntarily went up like - give me a hug. He gave me the biggest hug. I get choked up just thinking about the happiness I felt in that moment. The characters bring so much joy. I know they can’t hug yet, but so happy to see them return. Sniff Sniff.

12 Likes

This has to be a huge step towards eventual hugs.

4 Likes

This makes me even more eager for Saturday! This will be my 21st Mickey Mouse outfit!

5 Likes

Just saw this thread. Will they have photopass photographers there?

Edit: Found my answer “Masks are required, and PhotoPass is not available.”

1 Like

I’m probably the only one, but I was glad there were not M&Gs on my trips. It made it easy to not have to worry about squeezing them in. And we had plenty of “distanced character sightings” at the railroad station, cavalcades, and other random locations.

While I prefer it that way, on occasion it is special to have young kids (and young at heart) get a hug and an autograph and some personal time with their favorite character, so I hope the full experience comes back soon.

8 Likes

I agree with you but they do neat things with the special meet & greets with the meetings areas which are nice to walk through. I love Tinkerbell land in Cali. I often walk thru Pixie Hollow at night when the fairies are gone because I think the trail itself is an attraction.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness! I’ve never done this. On the list for my trip in … 11 days!

2 Likes

I often walk through Pixie Hollow at night cause I get lost trying to find a shortcut from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

There is definitely this benefit. We enjoyed the cavalcades a lot too!

3 Likes

Noted.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That’s part of the attraction like a labyrinth

2 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly! I wish we could have it both ways a little bit. Lots of characters out and around plus some of the one on one M&Gs to get some hugs for the top friends.

I normally say we aren’t M&G people and we used to be pretty satisfied by one character meal. But we had a special visit at a Halloween party last weekend and DS3 is in love! So I think our 2022 plans will be different!

10 Likes

I love meeting and hugs. I prefer actually meeting in buildings like Town Square and Star Wars Launch Bay.

However, I’ve like characters at EPCOT out behind the barriers doing activities like watering plants / catching butterflies. The pathways at EPCOT and the other parks get too congested when characters are out meeting in spots.

4 Likes

Speaking of meet and greets, I was watching some more recent streams of boo bash and saw Meleficient, evil queen, cruella, Gaston and Capt hook. Anyone know if they updated the boo bash maps.

Epcot also had several characters the last few days. Mulan in China, Alice in England, Jasmine outside of Morracco and Belle just outside France. I didn’t get to close but people were able to get within a few feet and snap photos

1 Like

4 Likes