"Mickey and Friends World Tour" Character Cavalcade Ending May 4 at EPCOT -

Of course, right before my trip.

One might assume that this would signal the beginning of the end of cavalcades and the gradual return of actual character meets?

5 Likes

If CMs are getting vaccinated, it makes sense.

And get all the character meetup enthusiasts out of my ride lines! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Bummer for you, but this is probably the most exciting piece of we-could-be-back-to-normal-soon news I’ve seen yet!

4 Likes

I really REALLY hope more character interactions can occur. I have been trying to prepare my 4yo daughter that she will only be able to wave to Mickey and Minnie. She remembers giving mickey and minnie kisses on their noses during our 2019 trip. Which made me cringe germ wise before covid, but she was so excited it just happened. She gets so upset when I tell her she won’t be able hug Mickey on our upcoming trip. “But, he’s my best friend” cue sad face.

Part of me hoped that they would keep some of both. Have a few cavalcades and soon start back with some form of character interaction. I am glad they will be out at the front of the park.

2 Likes

Aww I was looking forward to those. I don’t really want to go up to characters - it makes me anxious. The cavalcades looked nice.

Ditto.

I was hoping that the cavalcades would replace the parades and their intense crowding.

4 Likes

I am so bummed about this! I wanted to see the cavalcades! Hopefully they’ll at least keep some of them at the different parks.

2 Likes

Yes. Frankly, I am shocked by this. It seemed as though everyone almost universally preferred the cavalcades to the parades.

3 Likes

I always have and will continue to avoid parades in any amusement park. (Except the one I was in at Epcot on a high school band trip). They never have seemed worth the time suck and crowds, not to mention blocking the most direct route to someplace. I have seen videos of the cavalcades and actually thought they looked nice, short and sweet and not so big/long that they kept people from being able to get to where they wanted to be.

2 Likes