Metal or Wood Doors at Contemporary

Any idea if the doors at Contemporary are metal or wood? I’m thinking of bringing some cling decals for the littles to decorate the room door like they do on the Disney cruises. Metal doors would be smoother than wood so the clings would stay in place better. We also want to use string lights on the balcony for a twinkly welcome when we get back at the end of the day.

Would love to hear or see any other options you’ve used for something fun like this.

I love this idea. I’m also wondering about the doors at AOA. Hopefully someone knows.

1 Like

I’d worry that someone would accidentally write on the door. Put the clings on a window. I’ve seen lots of people decorate windows at resorts.

We always decorated out windows. I remember the window framing was metal at ASMo b/c I bought some magnets and put them there.

2 Likes

We do our windows too but my son & his family are coming for first visit and will be staying at Contemporary. I thought it would be fun to decorate their door for them, trying to figure out if the doors are metal so I can affix magnets or if we will need tape. :star2:

1 Like

I think most hotel doors are metal.

1 Like

I would’ve guessed wood, but this is just a guess.

Do WDW resorts have a policy about door decorations? I don’t remember seeing any, ever, but I don’t know.

I don’t know, but I’ve seen some completely wrapped in wrapping paper before. I’d guess as long as it didn’t damage the door it’d be fine.

1 Like

There are ex CMs on the Ears for Each Other FB page doing door decorations so it must be allowed. I’ve only actually seen window decorations myself.

1 Like