Merry Christmas!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Merry Christmas from our new home…a little late but Still no internet yet…maybe by Thursday

14 Likes

It can still happen, but it can really extend times and be challenging to get things to cook evenly and come out to desired temps. Depending on the quality of your grill, it can be really hard to maintain temperature.

ETA:
Oh, and in super cold areas propane can turn from gas to liquid, so it’s a true no-go then.

2 Likes

You looked it up! Yep, indirect Weber charcoal cooking of a prime rib is a no go if the ambient temperature is below 50. It just takes way too long.

1 Like

Well, growing up in northern MN, my existing knowledge base said you were right, but I figured I should independently confirm.

And find out what “propane line froze up” really means. “Liquided up” in actuality. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I used my propane grill all winter in MN w/o issue, but I wasn’t doing anything fancy either

2 Likes

We are in PA and grill (with propane) year round.

Yesterday I did cook our prime rib in our countertop air fryer/convection oven (came out perfectly). It would never occur to me to grill it.

4 Likes

Yeah, it really depends what you’re doing and how cold it is. Once you get in the -30s, all machinery gets kind of dicey.

People do all kinds of questionable things at that point… :see_no_evil:
https://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=443366&DisplayType=flat&setCookie=1

2 Likes

I’m late to the party. Snapped this pic that I knew Liners would appreciate. DS9 playing his new board game - a last minute gift as it seems increasingly possible we won’t be taking our Jan WDW trip which was to be our Christmas gift. This gameplay is nearly as complicated as planning WDW trip!! But that smile on DS… pure Disney magic. The DIY version.

12 Likes

MD here and we use our propane grill all winter too. Just need to brush the snow off the top sometimes!

4 Likes

Same in NH.

2 Likes

Taking down everything is so depressing.

2 Likes

Leave it up!

3 Likes

I’ve already started undecorating. Now that it’s over it will be a constant reminder of work needed to be done. I won’t relax until it’s all put away. For the last 20 years DH has had off the week between Christmas and new year and we would hurry to put everything away and start on a home improvement project. His new job does not give that week off, and I’m gonna do it myself whether it kills me or not. :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

I did from 2019 to 2020 :rofl:

1 Like

That’s exactly how my mom is. We put the main tree up yesterday starting right after breakfast. There was enough stuff around the house that didn’t feel too sad, but now that the mantle is naked, the entertainment center is empty, there’s a giant pile of random bits and bobs in the living room, and she’s already changed out the holiday scents it’s just depressing af.

My husband was just telling me today he’s ready to take down the tree. I said “noooooooo!!” But what you said is exactly how is brain works “it’s just a reminder of work to be done” so maybe I’ll give him the OK

4 Likes

Not that I don’t appreciate memories, but I am constantly moving forward. I want to paint my bathroom this week and I will feel shackled to the Christmas stuff.

ETA my DH feels the same. One year we started taking down the tree ON Christmas and stopped ourselves bc - you know - kids may need a little more time for closure than us.

3 Likes

My young adult son suggested it was sad and I should leave it up. I asked if he wanted to put it all away himself later in the season.
:arrow_right:He didn’t mention again the mood kill.

3 Likes

When I was a kid, the decorations went up on the Sunday closest to the 1st December and came down on Twelfth Night.

4 Likes